Homebrew USB partitions and Emulators

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know so far that FAT32 is the best filesystem for WiiMulators.. but all of a sudden the order of the partitions came into play, I can't get FCEU GX to read my FAT32 partition on my USB HDD. Is there a way I can move over the FAT32 partition so that its first?

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way of moving it esp if you have a WBFS partition. You have to delete ans start again. Not that it helped me, 32GB first FAT32 partition and still none of the NES, Gameboy or SNES emultors will find it. Everything else can read it thou! Strange!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
don't switch nothing !!! I went through the whole crap for no reason
wink.gif
all my emulators don't see my partition except geexbox it see's it all the time no matter being the first or the second partition how ever even my HBC doesn't see's it as well and I'm running v1.0.3 with all my set up %100 correct as far as loaders and usb and what not ( and I have a full knowledge of the scene ) but emulators wise it's really strange so far , by the way I run SM4.0u with all IOSs installed and ran many changes with no luck , though it worked for others according to the feed back !!!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
geexbox uses wiilinux, which has its own file system & partitions support

other applications use libfat, which only support ONE fat16 or fat32 partition as PRIMARY BOOT partition.

You manage HDD partitions using a Partition Tool (like Partition Magic for example), just read its documentation on how to move partition as the primary boot partition (being the "first" partition does not automatically make it the boot partition)

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
geexbox uses wiilinux, which has its own file system & partitions support

other applications use libfat, which only support ONE fat16 or fat32 partition as PRIMARY BOOT partition.

You manage HDD partitions using a Partition Tool (like Partition Magic for example), just read its documentation on how to move partition as the primary boot partition (being the "first" partition does not automatically make it the boot partition)

Tools like Partition Magic will not work with a WBFS partition and will just mess it up causing you to lose all Wii games.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
that's right, but he was not talking about WBFS partition, he was asking about the way you move partitions ;-)
obviously, you would have to delete any funky "homebrew" file system like WBFS before proceeding and re-add it as the very last step

The most important thing is that the FAT partition must be set as PRIMARY and ACTIVE (Boot Partition), not only as the "first partititon"

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
you are right Jacobeian and the issue is still valid even after having the FAT32 first primary active partition !! and that's what driving me nuts !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun