Homebrew Usb LoaderGX Gamcube slow load times?

Renard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked everywhere on the internet, forums, etc and I cannot find a solution to why loading Melee from my usb has slow load times. My 4gb usb has been formatted to FAT32 and I'm pretty sure it has 32k cluster, I burned my SSBM disc using USB LoaderGX onto the USB, installed Dios Mios properly, and yet for some reason the load times are very slow and I cant seem to figure out a solution. It must have been something I've done wrong, because I know this should be working fine. I also don't know if I'm using Dios Mios (Lite) or just regular Dios Mios. I just downloaded a file just called "Dios Mios 2.6" and that's it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try another loader?
I'm pretty sure USBLoaderGX has nothing to do with your slowness.
Is it only SSBM? or all games?

Try DIOS MIOS Lite with a faster SD card, and/or format the SD card with 64k/cluster to fasten the file access.
You can maybe try the FST (extracted file) format, when using DMToolbox to extract the files instead of using the full Disc's ISO and using the Align 32k setting.

MIOS = load retail discs
DIOS MIOS = load games backup from USB
DIOS MIOS Lite = load games backup from SD

installing a new version replace the old one, you can only have one "MIOS" installed at the same time.

last version is v2.10
(DIOS MIOS v2.10 and DIOS MIOS Lite v2.10)

Renard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install nintendont, but it keeps saying " Don't run nintendont when AHBProt is disabled" so I'm kind of out of luck there. DMtoolbox apparently isn't a valid windows file, and I don't have an SD card bigger than two gigs and don't intend to get
one, and I don't feel like formatting my current sd card and putting tbe files back just to see if it may work or not.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If nintendont says that message, you didn't install it correctly.
If you launch nintendont from USBLoaderGX, you are not launching USBLoaderGX correctly (don't load it from priiloader, you need to launch it from HBC or from the forwarder).

You don't really need DMToolbox (which doesn't work on WinXP), you can keep the game as ISO.
You don't need a SD card bigger than 2GB, games are 1.35GB.

But if you want to speed up the loading, formating SD to 64k/cluster is probably your best choice...without buying a faster SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.