usb loader working with ethernet adaptor

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sectionboy, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009
  1. sectionboy
    OP

Newcomer sectionboy Member

United States
    Hi, does anyone know if usb loader works with ethernet adaptor? I tyied a third-party ethernet adaptor in Cod:waw, and it didn't connect, and the LEDs on the adaptor didn't turn on, which might indicate it wasn't powered on. Anyone has more luck than me?

2. sectionboy
    OP

United States
    Oh, no, now even loaded from a backup disk won't connect through a lan adaptor. So I think it's that cios rev 9 causing the problem. Can I uninstall it?

3. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I had a similar problem, but it was with FTPii, everything else worked fine, like Opera, Brawl online, etc.

All I did was uninstall DVDx and install it again (advanced install -> IOS36). Did you have it installed before intalling cios rev 9?

4. sectionboy
    OP

United States
    No. I try to keep things minimal on my wii, only install what's necessary. I never tried DVDx, maybe now i should try to install it?

Edit: I switched to wireless with usb loader, it worked.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Using disc games with usb lan adapter should work in SoftChip R88 even with the rev9 cIOS installed. Could you please test this and confirm it for me? Please.

6. sectionboy
    OP

United States
    Just tried with Softchip R88, didn't work. Stuck at "connecting to Nintendo Wifi...", and the LEDs on adaptor weren't turned on.

[​IMG]

7. WiiPower

Germany
    It says "connecting to Nintendo Wifi..." even with usb? Did you set your internet connection back to usb lan?

8. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i posted this on another thread already. Using the USB loader with a Harddrive or reader. Will have effect on all USB attach devices. Wii Speak, USB Lan, and Mic for Guitar Hero.

9. sectionboy
    OP

United States
    That's just the msg the game(cod:waw) shows when it tries to connect to the internet, regardless wired or wireless. Sure I set it back to wired connection.

10. Lookie401

Member Lookie401 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145...p;#entry1873527

The problem is cause with the latest version of cIOS rev9. I suggest you switch to a wireless connection for now until a rev10(?) release.

If you don't have access to wireless connection then uninstall cIOS (or install rev8) if you're not using USB Loader.

11. sectionboy
    OP

United States
    Yep, just installed rev8, and everything went back, but I lose the hd boot capability. Hard choice, hd or wired [​IMG]

12. WiiPower

Germany
    Or the rev8 cIOS installed as IOS249 and the usb cIOS from Kwiirk as IOS222. Downside is only that Kwiirk's cIOS doesn't work with Waninkoko's launcher.

13. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Well, I got DVDx, rev 9, cIOS222 and my lan adapter works just fine, with everything. That's on originals, though. I don't have a backup that has online features. :/