Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@spacejump

Thanks for testing! I will take a look when I get home tonight. It's hard to test in office.

One more thing. The settings in V5 or before would not be loaded on V6 unless you save it again. Would it help?

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my path for the boot.dol is apps/usbloader

my images are in apps/usbloader/images

and the config is in the same dir with:

images_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/images/

havnt been able to get it to work even if i move images to root and use SD:/images/

i am using v6

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hungyip84 said:
@spacejump

Thanks for testing! I will take a look when I get home tonight. It's hard to test in office.

One more thing. The settings in V5 or before would not be loaded on V6 unless you save it again. Would it help?
I know, that's why I changed some settings again and restarted the loader again. But the newly made settings were not saved.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Kosaic,

titles.txt is like a database of proper names for games (Wii Sports instead of "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION", "Mario Kart Wii" instead of "MarioKartWii")

- it avoids having to renaming directly on the WBFS so it may be safer (long names where a problem at first, I don't know if this was fixed?)
- you could display longer names than 37 or 40 characters on screen
- the renaming doesn't need to be done on every new drive by every new user: new users can just get a titles.txt and do not need to do the renaming, or you won't need to rename again if you ever format your drive.

Kosaic said:
What exactly is the purpose of titles.txt

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
hungyip84 said:
@spacejump

I know, that's why I changed some settings again and restarted the loader again. But the newly made settings were not saved.

I will try to fix this tonight. Thanks for the info =)

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
airpirate545 said:
Do I store my covers in the folder I have my images set to? I downloaded a pack off of somwhere around here and I dont know where to put all these covers.

Place the covers (if using Ultimate v6) in same place as the: bg.png and noimage.png

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
THANK YOU FOR ADDING PATCH VIDEO THIS IS A PERFECT LOADER! THANKS SO MUCH! tytytytyty!!!!

wow this really has it all im very very satisfied with all this 1.4 version does and the vid patch is just perfect for rogue troopers (i heart that game)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, so the titles is more useless than useful in my opinion ...

Renaming for good in a WBFS utility eliminates the need to manage a .txt file with hundres of entries.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
@tripellex , Backround image is great ... have it with the image on the left ?

And the .psd would be GREATLY appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks for the work.

For you bro? Absolutely. I'll whip up a leftside one for you, and post both PSDs shortly.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@hungyip84:

Another BUG: The default for video option is now Game. If you start the loader, video option shows system. if you navigate in the game list, it jumps to game.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
ok, so the titles is more useless than useful in my opinion ...

Renaming for good in a WBFS utility eliminates the need to manage a .txt file with hundres of entries.

Correct... on the harddrive you fix it.

With having the titles.txt, you can take your SD-card to ANY WBFS hardrive in the entire world and the games would be named correctly even if they have not fixed it permanently directly on their WBFS drive.

Useless or not... It's in the eyes of the beholder.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

First..you guys rock...it's the best scene developing comunity i've ever seen. Congrats are in order
bow.gif

Second, a little bug, don't know why...in the V6 final(1.4), doesnt show Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (RKMP5D), in the launch list.

Taking that out of the equation, everything else just rocks.

Nice job ppl

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titles.txt at the moment is very useful, and as long as it was kept up to date, possibly on djtaz site, then all you would do is update it every so often. maybe it could update just like you download the covers

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tripellex said:
Kosaic said:
@tripellex , Backround image is great ... have it with the image on the left ?

And the .psd would be GREATLY appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks for the work.

For you bro? Absolutely. I'll whip up a leftside one for you, and post both PSDs shortly.
many thanks...

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narolez said:
@hungyip84:

Another BUG: The default for video option is now Game. If you start the loader, video option shows system. if you navigate in the game list, it jumps to game.

This is a easy fix. I will fix it tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!