USB Loader + Mic in RB2/GH5

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by lolsjoel, Oct 16, 2009.

Oct 16, 2009

USB Loader + Mic in RB2/GH5 by lolsjoel at 9:15 PM (1,734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. lolsjoel
    OP

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've tried getting my USB mic to work alongside the USB HDD loader (cLoader and WiiFlow) when playing Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5, but haven't had any success in getting the game to recognize the peripheral. For GH5, I'm pretty sure it's loading on Hermes cIOS 223 (IOS 36 merged with something or other) and Rock Band 2 loading with IOS 249 or 222.

Now, it's been a while since I've really messed with the Wii, so I'm decently sure it has Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev 14 or newer (if there is newer). I've also got cIOSCORP 3.2 or 3.4 on system menu 4.0U or 4.1U. I know my details of my setup are vague, but any help on getting the mic to work would be appreciated. Also, while I've got your attention, what can I do to the RB2 or GH5 ISO to get it to launch thru cIOSCORP?

2. robdavidson

Newcomer robdavidson Newbie

Ireland
    It works, but only one way. You need to put the USB drive on one port and the mic on the other, no USB hub. If it doesn't work reverse the connections. I am using real GH mic so not sure if that makes a difference.

3. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    rockband 2 mic only works for me with cIOS 223. haven't tried the others.

4. Thang_Bom

Newcomer Thang_Bom Advanced Member

United States
    Some suggests to put the microphone on the USB and then boot it up. It works for me.

Good luck.

5. shawnroof

Newcomer shawnroof Member

United States
    i had to have a wii mote turned on just to get my smic to work just a thought yea it is a usb one