USB Loader GX vs uLoader + specific HDD problems.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ArDark, Mar 16, 2013.

Mar 16, 2013
  1. ArDark
    OP

Newcomer ArDark Newbie

Russia
    Hello guys.
    I have old Transcend 80Gb hdd that normally works in uLoader and don't work in USB Loader GX 3.0.
    Installed cIOS d2x v8 in slot249 with base 56, and cIOS d2x v8 in slot250 with base 57.
    Homebrew uses IOS58.
    So problem looks like that GX do not wait till HDD fully spinned up and stuck on this moment. All times it stuck at detecting HDD.
    When i start uLoader it write 2-3 times that HDD not detected and afterward show games on HDD that fully playable. (testing around 2-3hours per game).

Hdd formatted to WBFS, active + primary partition(because uLoader not understand anothers partition). Also tried NTFS + FAT32 specially for USB Loader, but without any luck.
    Also tried to change CIOS setting in USB loader without HDD connected to IOS222/249/250...
    Tried to change IOS to d2x v10, tried to "rehack" wii.. nothing changed.
    Also tried anothers loaders like WiiFlow or UsbLoader or Neogamma.. in all of this loaders HDD not detecting.

So my question is:
    "Is it possible to change something in USB Loader GX settings that my HDD start working?"
    Or may be there option (that cant be selected through WII and should be changed through cfg files, that "reinitialize HDD 2-3 times in a row"?)
    Or may be someone have similar sympthoms and know how to fix that?
    uLoader is good enough for playing, but my child still dont know English language and cant read game name because uLoader self do not loading covers from internet.

Here is syscheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. ArDark
    OP

Newcomer ArDark Newbie

Russia
    think im found where i was wrong. setting IOS inside program not correct thing.
    When i uncomment lines in META.XML and changed IOS there, all start working, HDD detects well (with around 13sec delay, but it works!)
    So this lines in meta.xml influence to starting USB Loader GX, and in settings inside there IOS for games... i think

<arguments>
    <arg>--ios=222</arg>
    <arg>--usbport=0</arg>
    </arguments>

Thanks for Cyan, who's pointing me at solution!