Hacking USB Loader GX Problems

HakaBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to use USB loader GX, but whenever I attempt to install a game to my NTFS flash drive, the loader gives a message saying “not enough space” even though my flash drive has lots of space.
For context, I have d2x v10 beta 12 for slot 249 and v10 beta 13 for cIOS slot 250. Can anyone help me?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, I want to use USB loader GX, but whenever I attempt to install a game to my NTFS flash drive, the loader gives a message saying “not enough space” even though my flash drive has lots of space.
For context, I have d2x v10 beta 12 for slot 249 and v10 beta 13 for cIOS slot 250. Can anyone help me?

Hello.:)

How did you install/transfer your Games to the Flashdrive please ?

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did you mean beta 52 and 53 (instead of 12 and 13)? You never mentioned what base IOS you are using? The most optimal cios is d2x v8 final base 57 (which is the same as d2x v10 beta 52 base 57)

Flash drives don't have the greatest compatibility, but you could try configurable usb loader, it may have a slightly higher success rate with flash drive and SD card compatability.

Also, why do you have your flash drive formatted as ntfs? You may have greater success if you format it fat32.

Oh and ModMii can help with all this stuff if u need guided step by step instructions.

HakaBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my drive formatted as ntfs because I don’t want my games to be fragmented. I also meant beta 52 for IOS 249 and beta 53 for IOS 250
Sorry for the confusion

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So 3 things to try, first is to install d2x 249 v8 final (or v10 beta 52, same thing) with base 57

Also, if you use fat32, most games will fit without being split. But there's no issue with split games, you can use wii backup manager and it will auto split or combine games depending on the format of your drives

Lastly, try a different app to rip games like cfg USB loader or clean rip

If all else fails, then use a different hard drive (pen drives don't have great compatibility)

Last edited by XFlak,

HakaBoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, when I try to use usb loader to dump my games, it freezes after a certain percentage, I have the cfg usb loader set to write to ntfs, but it freezes.
Can you help?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey, when I try to use usb loader to dump my games, it freezes after a certain percentage, I have the cfg usb loader set to write to ntfs, but it freezes.
Can you help?

Hello.:)

Please try and use the Tool CLEANRIP for this and the following great Guide.
You have to use then the WiiBackupManager for getting the ISO on your USB Device but this Method works to 99 Percent.:)
(Except your Game discs are scratched or very dirty)

https://wii.guide/CleanRip.html

What you need
  • A Wii with an Internet connection
  • An SD card or USB Drive with at least 4.7 GB of free space
  • CleanRip
Instructions
Section I - Downloading/Installing
  1. Extract CleanRip and put it in the apps folder on your SD Card.
  2. Insert your SD Card into your Wii, and launch CleanRip from the Homebrew Channel.
Section II - Ripping
  1. Select your device that you will be dumping the game to - your USB or SD Card.
    2.jpg
  2. On this screen, it asks you if you want to download a file with game checksums so you can verify the dump created is a 1:1 copy of the disc. It’s your choice whether to say Yes or No to download this file.
    3.jpg
  3. Now insert the game you want to dump.
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
  4. Set it as shown on the screen below.
    If you know that you are dumping a game that uses a dual layer disc, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Metroid: Other M, set Dual Layer to Yes.
    6.jpg
  5. CleanRip will now dump your game. It can take a while, since it will dump the full 4.7GB disc contents (9.4 for dual layer discs).
    7.jpg

Good Luck.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I’ve tried to use cleanrip, but it fails to successfully rip the game to my drive.
What should I do?

Thank you for your reply.:)

Are your Games Original or Backups please ?
Also please check of Dirt and Scratches on it.

Did you have the Option on playing some Original Games to see your DVD Drive is ok ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My discs are fine, as they’re original. And they run fine. I still don’t know the issue

Can you say us the Error Message on Cleanrip please ?
How is your USB Device formatted actual ?
Can you try an other USB Device maybe a HDD please ?
If your SD Card has free Space (4 GB or more) try to rip your Game to the SD Card and see what happens please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins