USB Loader GX not loading games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ChaseMaxwell, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ChaseMaxwell
    OP

ChaseMaxwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    I got a new external HDD and put my games and a lot of other stuff in it and I kinda have to guess I gotta format it to something to get it to work. Is there any way I can load the games without formatting it? If not, is there a way to format it into something where I can both put other stuff in the HDD and play wii and gamecube games?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You don't need to format it, it's already formated (FAT32 or NTFS are both compatible).
    You only need to put the games in the correct folders, and renamed correctly.

• create a folder named wbfs at the root of the partition.
    you_drive:/wbfs/

• if your games are in .wbfs:
    - put the files in the /wbfs/ folder
    - Launch the program WiiBackupManager, go to settings, FAT32 tab, select "Title [GameID]" and check the "rename naming convention on mount" checkbox.
    - exit the setting, go to HDD1 tab, select your partition in the list. Done :)
    (every games are renamed automatically when you mounted the partition)

• if you games are in .iso:
    - Launch WiiBackupManager
    - Launch the program WiiBackupManager, go to settings, FAT32 tab, select "Title [GameID]" and check the "rename naming convention on mount" checkbox.
    - In the "File" tab, load the folder where you have your ISO files
    - in the "HDD1" tab, load the partition where you have your /wbfs/ folder
    - in the file tab, select the games (checkbox), and select "Transfer to HDD1"
    It will convert/move/rename the ISO in WBFS files, taking a lot less spaces.

• connect the drive to the Wii and launch the loader.

3. ChaseMaxwell
    OP

ChaseMaxwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012

First of all, thank you so much for helping me. "select "Title [GameID]" and check the "rename naming convention on mount" checkbox."

http://i.imgur.com/6tR4E.png

Do you mean this? Oh and btw can I do both methods since I have some iso's and some wbfs.

Edit: It worked, thank you :)

4. ChaseMaxwell
    This message by ChaseMaxwell has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 27, 2012, Reason: Duplicate.
    Dec 27, 2012
  5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yeah, I often forget correct menu or setting's names.
    I'm glad you could fix your problem :)