USB Loader GX not loading flashdrive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Stormerbuzz35, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Stormerbuzz35
    OP

Stormerbuzz35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    I installed USB Loader GX with a tutorial on Youtube and it looked like it was working. It says it's loading the drive and then switches to "detecting HDD" with a negative time on the timer. The flashdrive is in the 0 slot. The ISO I loaded onto the drive with the Wii backup manager program. Anyone know what could be wrong? When I try to use the PC to check the files it says the drive isn't formatted even when I did that at the start.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It would help if you post what game it is, your console region, and which console you have (Wii or Wii-U.) Also, some USB flash drives don't work because they don't implement the entire USB storage protocol. You might try it with a real HDD and see if that helps.

3. Stormerbuzz35
    OP

Stormerbuzz35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2015
    I'm not sure how the game matters but it's Super Paper Mario. It's a PAL region Wii and the flashdrive is a 16gb Strontonium. I don't have any HDD just laying around nor do I have the money to just run down to the store and buy one. It's the one I'm currently using or bust.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Flashdrives don't have good compatibility with USBLoaders.
    sometime it's not detected at all, sometime it can read but freeze if you write to it.

5. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    First off, make sure that the disc is formatted as a primary, rather than a logical partition. USB Loader GX is rather finicky with this - at least when I last had to troubleshoot it. (Which was quite a while ago, admittedly)

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the loader is compatible with all partition table and format.
    MBR Primary, MBR extended/logical, and GPT, and Stealth Sector 0 (for Hiding drives on WiiU).
    But it's no exempt of issue, even if it's supposed to be working.

USB is supposed to be working but flashdrives have issues, so anything is possible. maybe the partition table MBR/Primary can help.