USB Loader GX keeps getting stuck while backing up games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Mycoldshower, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Mycoldshower
    OP

Mycoldshower Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2013
    United States
    I am very new to softmoding wiis, but I recently installed USB Loader GX using this Youtube video:

Everything when exactly like in the video. However, I was hoping to back up all my games to an external drive, but every time I try, it gets stuck when trying to "install game" pretty early in the proces (usually after +/- 10 seconds). It won't even give me the option to go back to the menu, I have to hold the power button 4 seconds to reset it. I have tried looking up similar problems on this website, but I can't seem to find or understand what I am doing wrong? I am using a 16 gb flash drive for installing the backups (once it works, I will get a bigger drive for all my games) and an old Nokia 512 mb SD card with USB Loader GX.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try dumping your game with another loader to understand where your problem is.
    If other loaders are doing the same, it's not the loader's fault, then you can focus on either your hard drive or your softmod.

using a flashdrive is often the problem. Try using an external Hard Drive instead.