Hacking USB loader GX isn't detecting my hard drive.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered this hard drive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E83X9P8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And yes, I also have the Y cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already tested this drive on my Wii (with usb loader gx) And it worked fine. Launches both Wii and gamecube games. I plugged it into the Wii U with Y cable and it detected it. I know this because I got the message saying please format the hard drive (of course I didn't). I go into vWii and launch the homebrew channel. Once again it detects it because it loaded all the apps that were on the drive. The problem is when I launch usb loader gx, it doesn't detect the drive. It says waiting for HDD: 20 seconds left. Then after that it says mounting usb port to 1. After that it loads and the games don't show up. I went into settings and to hard drive settings. At the top it says: Game/Install Partition Not Initialized. What should I do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in test order:
- You connected it to USB Port0? (it's the inner port, unlike the Wii which had port0 near the edge).

- You are using the correct meta.xml ? (you need either the <no_ios_reload/> or <ahb_access/> tag inside the meta.xml if you want to use IOS58+AHB)

- Did you try d2x cIOS beta52 and beta53 ?
sometime 53 doesn't work but 52 does, and vice versa.

- If you are using r1218:
You can also set LoaderIOS to 58 in the settings to use IOS58 while in the loader and only reload to 249 when you launch the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-