Hacking USB Loader GX install and game problems

Justinakacube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My copy of COD:MWR will not install for some reason. Does it have to do with a bad burn?
Are there any special settings for The Conduit, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits and Guitar Hero 5 to make them playable on GX (I have the music games both running under 222 Rev. 4, but neither will load up, I get a black screen with the Wiimote light on.)?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using USB Loader GX because I couldn't get Guitar Hero to work.
I use Configurable USB Loader now.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem sometimes, bad burn i think. sometime they will rip to HDD ok, but blackscreen. Not the games you mentioned in particular but its worth a try to reburn, or just add the iso thru wbfsman

Justinakacube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is they play fine off discs, are there any differences in the games if I add them from a computer? Space is not an issue I just want to know.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Conduit I've read it's best to install IOS249 rev19 using IOS57 as the base.

As for Guitar Hero games I couldn't get them to work in USB Loader GX.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
I dumped my retail copy of COD:MWF and i am getting the same black screen.

ciosrev 17
I see you don't read.

For the Conduit I've read it's best to install IOS249 rev19 using IOS57 as the base.

I mentioned it four posts up.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have all the games on your list working on USB Loader GX just by following xzxero's guide all guitar hero games are played on 249 with the exception of Guitar Hero 5(222) and Band Hero(223)

Justinakacube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harmor he's talking about COD:MWR not Conduit. Could they just both be bad rips? They played fine from disc when I used NeoGamma, when I copied them over both kind of struggled in certain percentage areas, but eventually finished. If I used WBFS manager could that work for both of them?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Justinakacube said:
Harmor he's talking about COD:MWR not Conduit. Could they just both be bad rips? They played fine from disc when I used NeoGamma, when I copied them over both kind of struggled in certain percentage areas, but eventually finished. If I used WBFS manager could that work for both of them?
My apologies.

I would try a different loader to see if it's USB Loader GX's fault or if it's a bad dump.

Justinakacube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final update on this topic before I let it die. I installed the ISOs of COD:MWR, The Conduit, GH5, and GH Smash Hits via WBFS Manager. (I even reripped my GH Smash Hits using IMGBurn and it worked fine.) All work fine on GX so the DVDs must be bad burns, but somehow still work when loaded through disc based loader.

tl;dr Use WBFS Manager for games that won't install from disc for USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr