Hacking USB Loader GX doesn't recognize Dios Mios install

LargeHadron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Dios Mios (regular) so I could run ISOs from USB. I have no problem doing this if I use Dios Mios Booter, but if I try to use USB Loader GX it seems to think I have Dios Mios Lite installed. All of the path settings point to sd:/, and the hard drive options dialog shows a bunch of "DML xxx" entries at the bottom (which I assume stands for Dios Mios Lite). I tried changing the GC game path to usb:/games, but when I try to run one of the games it says I have to install it to SD first. Maybe I accidentally installed DML at some point and forgot about it? How would I go about uninstalling it so USB Loader GX can let me use DM?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are using a version of the loader released when only DIOS MIOS Lite existed.
DIOS MIOS was released later, and DIOS MIOS Support added at the same time in USBLoaderGX.

You need to update your loader manually :
- download USBLoaderGX revision 1215
- Extract the Boot.dol file located in the /IOS249/ folder
- Place that boot.dol file in your SD;/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder (replace the previous one)
- Launch the loader from HBC or from the Forwarder channel (not from the Full Channel).

- Verify that you are launching it correctly by going into the settings>Credits page you need to see "r1215"
- Set the "Main GameCube path" to USB1;/games/, and the "SD GameCube path" to SD;/games/
- It will now detect if you are DM or DML installed.
Just note that all the settings are still using "DML" as prefix, but they are used for both DM and DML.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: