Hacking USB Loader GX crashes on SOME games, please help!

aleksandar2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'm having problems running some games of my USB Loader GX. Apparently, some games , mostly Ubi Soft games, crash at random a few minutes after I start playing. They give me that annoying 'beeeeeeeeeeep'noise, you know the one like you get when you try to run Monster Hunter Tri (I'm not asking about MH3 in specific cos I know it's really complicated to make it work, just for other games).
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 crash sometime during the beginning and Mario Sports Mix works for a while before it crashes ( right when the best parts start as usual -.-)
I'm running on r21 (i think) and cIOS249 and I just updated my USB Loader GX to the newest version.
I'm running the games off an INTEX 3.5'' SATA External Case 500gb hard drive. I should probably mention that I have only recently gotten that hard drive...
Anyway all other games seem to work fine except these Raving Rabbids and Mario SPorts Mix.

So do you guys have any suggestions, any advice. I would sure appreciate it
smile.gif

Thank you in advance

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know about the rest of those games but monster hunter tri works fine with davebaol d2xv3 revision of waninkoko's cIOS (and the newer versions) with base 56. It also works fine with Hermes cIOS v4 with base 38+37. Maybe you should update your cIOS

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would suggest running Modmii and getting the latest recommended cios's - really simple with Modmii - treat your wii as a virgin one and start the guide from after the homebrew install (as you already have this)

Update GX manually to 1080 (this version has the fix for the latest modified cios's installed by Modmii) -
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/dow..._R1080_DOLs.zip

Install the correct .dol - if you start the loader on 249, 250 or 222

I have no issues with any of the games using 249 (base 56 as recommended) as the main load and 250 for problem games CODuty BO and Sims 3

aleksandar2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the quick replies.

Ok, so I'm gonna see what I can do with modmii. I don't get specifically what do they mean when they ask if my wii is a virgin. Well, since I have hard modded my wii and have a bunch of these cIOS and HD loading programs, i'd say my wii puts out quite a lot, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Also, the link you gave me kittymat, contains 3 cIOS dol files. I am a noob for stating this but, I already have these cIOS, or are the ones you put here modified. Also, should I install these from the wadmanager or from USBLoaderGX.

I'm sure I put at least a dozen noobish questions, forgive me
smile.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok

Modmii - when you run the program on your PC it will ask you questions, answer them as if your wii is virgin - this gets you EVERYTHING you need, it will then download it, including a guide and installers.

Install the cios's following the guide Modmii has generated.

Start GX loader, go to gx loader settings and see which ios it is using. 222 or 249 - this is the .dol you need to replace in the apps/ usbloader on your sd (or hdd)

With the latest cios's and GX loader it should work.

aleksandar2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. So once Modmii has finished and once I have everything on my wii, I should load the custom .dol (you gave me in the link) files from my USBloadergx...

aleksandar2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I installed the Modmii cIOSes and everything in the Modmii guide, and I even beat an entire level of Raving Rabbids just to test it out, and not a single crash!!!
My wii never looked better
biggrin.gif

Thank you very much Kittymat and Ryoku83

Now the only other issue I seem to have is replacing the .dol files you supplied me with in the link.
You told me to replace them in the app/usbloader folder, but all i could find there was a boot.dol file

Should I rename that cios249.dol to boot.dol, or should I get a new version of USBlodaerGX that has the option to load custom .dol files (cos the one I got with the modmii pack doesnt seem to have the option in the settings to change the .dol file)

Thank you very much for the help

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK by the looks of it these are the GX loaders dol files. If you wanted GX to load with Herme's 222 cIOS you'd use the ios222.dol or if you want to load GX with ios249 you'd use the 249.dol ect ect. I'd recommend using the ios249.dol as the cios249 will load the majority of games.

So what you need to do is make a backup (just to be safe rename it boot.dol.bak) of your current gx dol file in your gx loaders directory on your SD card/HDD. Then rename the ios249.dol from the file you got from kittymat's link to boot.dol and replace the old gx loaders dol with it. Then your GX loader should boot with cIOS249.

aleksandar2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made everything work thanks to you guys!

I put 3 new folders in my app folder of my SD card, one for each cIOS, and I ran it from the homebrew channel so I didn't really have to backup my original cIOS249.
Anyway, everything is working now perfectly!

Thank you all again!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.