USB Loader GX booting GC games from disc

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Piccolo16, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Piccolo16
    OP

Piccolo16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2013
    United States
    I'm running USB Loader GX (r1217) on ios249 with DIOS MIOS 2.10 (all displayed on the credits screen of USB Loader GX). My HDD is 32kb cluster size, FAT32, Primary, and Active. My Gamecube games are stored in USB1/Games and are displayed as USB1/Games/Pikmin/game.iso and so on, ripped from discs, not pirated. Whenever I attempt to load an .iso file, it brings up the DIOS MIOS screen, and then begins loading whatever Gamecube disc is in the disc tray.

I've tried a couple other USB Loader versions, like r1209, and even the most updated CFG USB Loader, all with the same problem. I've tried researching this issue, but most of the walkthroughs are older.

Any suggestions?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    It boots from disc if the config file is bad, or not found/sent correctly.
    Disable all settings if you enabled some of them, set video to Auto.
    You can try with DMLBooter too, it has minimal settings and features.

If it's still not working, it could be your setup (incompatible HDD, wrong partition (hidden/unallocated before the FAT32?), I don't know what else it could be).

3. Piccolo16
    OP

Piccolo16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2013
    United States
    I set all my settings back to default, no luck. I also tried a USB Flash drive formatted properly. Black screen. I've modded many devices, but this one seems to be the trickiest for me.