USB Loader GX and Emu NAND

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TheBroCode, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TheBroCode
    OP

TheBroCode GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm having trouble with the whole EmuNand feature. I've dumped the nand to my SD Card and installed a Wad onto it via USB Loader GX but the game doesn't play. It appears on the channel grid fine but when started gives a black screen then reloads USB Loader GX or just hangs on a black screen.

USB Loader GX:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Wii sysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Games that were installed on the real nand before dumping it work fine but then if I delete it off the real nand it then stops working (but I want to try and save space on the real nand). Everything else to do with USB Loader GX works fine.

2. TheBroCode
    OP

Oct 31, 2012
    I've edited the thread because I've since changed the region of my Wii but now I'm running into another problem :(

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    r1209 has a bug with installing Wad files on emuNAND.
    You need at least r1211, but you better update to the latest known revision (currently 1218).

You may want to do the dump again to have a clean dump (because installing a wad with r1209 could have corrupt different files).

4. TheBroCode
    OP

Oct 31, 2012
    EDIT: I think I remember it working before I did a region change via ModMii incase that changes anything (I'd like to stay on 4.3U though)

EDIT2: This was the problem lol and I fixed it >_< sorry!

5. capiti

capiti Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2009
    United States
    Hi, im having a hard time trying to find the "dump NAND" option on the 1218 revision of USB loader GX

can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Go to the main settings (the big gear button at the bottom left) > Page 1 > Features menu > Dump NAND