Hacking USB Loader Channel (Embedded - Not Forwarder)

JPSiemer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any embedded channels floating around? I have seen them of the old versions, but none of the new loaders...

Would prefer one of "USB Iso Loader GUI By Dimok,nIxxx,Cyrex", "WiiShizzza & The Crew Ultimate USB Loader", or "OggZee Configurable USB Loader"

d3c3pt10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not the ones you are talking about, both use config files...hence the word "configurable" lol

so dont flame on the grounds u you more than someone else, when i've been in this scene from the beginning in many forms my son....

d3c3pt10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ofcourse its possible, just a case of modifying the source of the said loader to load config FromBuffer instead of the SD, lashing the config file in /data and recompiling..

but the question was could the ones mentioned be used, which is why i said, as they are now, NO.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but they could be. lol

EDIT: post count = number of the beast
tongue.gif

JPSiemer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d3c3pt10n, you are an idiot. i didn't ASK you if they could be used. i TOLD you they could be used.

anyways, i guess i'll just stick with the embedded waninkoko's usb loader v1.5 channel for now...

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you like forwarders? I prefer them because they're easier to update than wads, especially some of the programs that auto update, like SNES9X, and even some of the USB Loaders auto update over the internet as well, if they're hardcoded to a WAD you have to recreate the wad everytime you want to update it, rather than just putting a new boot.dol in the folder.

d3c3pt10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm a idiot??

when you cant even create your own .wad of a embedded loader?? and u didnt tell me shit, u said u had seen wads of the old versions, this is because they didnt need to load config and graphics from the SD son.

and i'm a idiot lol

i guess the greater internet retard theory really is true.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forwarders are the way to go, man. easily updated by copying new boot.dols and (some) forwarders have configurable paths that reside in SD:\config\usbloader.cfg that you can map the channel to load any dol in any folder on your SD card.

If you plan on using any of the boxarts from any of these loaders you'll need an SD card anyway, why make things more difficult for yourself having to install a new channel every revision and obviously you haven't watched the thread for USB Iso Loader GUI By Dimok,nIxxx,Cyrex because their revision numbers are in the 300's now.

Do you really want to keep updating and installing and reinstalling wads to fix for updates? sounds a lot more risky and a lot more work than updating your forwarder's cfg file or replacing a boot.dol, yaknow?

JPSiemer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simply put, my cousin isn't tech savvy and lives in a different state, so when I go to install this mod on his system it's going to stay that way till the next time i visit, so I'm not concerned about constantly updating.

however, i am concerned with him needing a SD card for a USB loader. it just seems unnecessary.

and d3c3pt10n, to answer your question, WADder doesn't work for me and i am NOT a tech n00b. only reason i called you an idiot because you are talking about how something isn't possible when it clearly is.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
embedded channels are great if you dont want to have an sd card in there, or want to save room on the sd card and aren't into updating with the latest revision every day. many usb loaders let u load covers from a FAT partition on the usb drive so you dont need a sd card for all of them.

instead of trolling the guy, help him, or don't, arguing with him that what he wants isn't good is just trolling.

anyways, asking over on wadder.net would lead you to a bunch of people who focus on wads and might show you how to pack your own.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those loaders are going to look like shit without boxarts and he'll need an sd card to even download the boxarts.

Not to sound like a dick but if your cousin wants his wii pimped out, he should try to learn a thing or two about what's being done first. and know that you're voiding his warranty.

also prepare yourself for "OMG I UPDATED WAT DO I DO NAO" or should I say, let us at GBATemp prepare ourselves for a new member.

I tell the same to my family, "you don't want this if you aren't going to read about what's going on or try to understand it" and for the same reason i don't give them vista, linux, windows 7 or any beta "i want to play around with this" stuff because it really ends in headaches 95% of the time in the hands of people that "ain't so good with computers".

Instead of letting your cousin be lazy, teach him or he'll be up your ass after he fucks it up doing whatever you told him not to do but didn't explain why.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
franky86 said:
embedded channels are great if you dont want to have an sd card in there, or want to save room on the sd card and aren't into updating with the latest revision every day. many usb loaders let u load covers from a FAT partition on the usb drive so you dont need a sd card for all of them.

instead of trolling the guy, help him, or don't, arguing with him that what he wants isn't good is just trolling.

anyways, asking over on wadder.net would lead you to a bunch of people who focus on wads and might show you how to pack your own.
Pointing out beta nature of loaders + inefficiency of what the person is looking for does not = trolling him or arguing.

None of the loader code is modified in any of those distro's any more than waninkoko's loader would suffice. Seriously, why download a loader specifically built around with cover support with nothing to store the fuckin covers on? I was pointing out that with THOSE LOADERS they are being CONSTANTLY UPDATED and an sd card is required for core functionality of these "enhanced" functions. If it's install-and-go use a wad of waninkoko's loader, otherwise you're wasting your time.

d3c3pt10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly my point, these loaders might work embedded, but will be totally pointless...
ocarina, covers and all that stuff is just not gonna work without storage
basically most of the useful features of the ultimate loader and such are pointless without SD.

i just don't see the point, and i never said it wasn't possible i just said that they wont work in there current form, and would need modifying.

JPSiemer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow you guys are really passionate about your sd cards
tongue.gif

no, but in all seriousness i guess you guys are missing the point...

instead of reiterating myself over and over, i think ill just take the discussion to another forum.

but i do have one more question for you guys... is the WBFS filesystem limited to only ISOs or can the loaders be programmed to dump the config and covers on it as well? if so, then why hasn't this been the standard from day one? also, about putting the covers on a FAT partition... which loaders support this? and if my entire drive is already WBFS would i have to reformat in order to add an additional FAT partition at the end of the drive or is there some utility that would do this for me?

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPSiemer said:
Are there any embedded channels floating around? I have seen them of the old versions, but none of the new loaders...

Would prefer one of "USB Iso Loader GUI By Dimok,nIxxx,Cyrex", "WiiShizzza & The Crew Ultimate USB Loader", or "OggZee Configurable USB Loader"

Here is one I made for USB Loader GX v1.0 By dimok, nIxx, cyrex, hungip, giantpune, Neorame, wiishizzza and ardi

Some changes I made:
Removed the option to go back to the HBC because it not needed since this is a wad.
Replaced menu music with better music.
Set default video setting to System Default instead of Disc Default.

layoutjgc.jpg

bannereng.png

iconimage.png

logobmp.png

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZBP7D26X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1