Hacking USB Loader + Broke dvd drive

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii running homebrew, old firmware i think 3.2, a while ago it wasn't possible for me to play games on the usb loader solely because my dvd drive is broken, and the connector inside of my wii to connect it is broken as well. I searched the forums but couldn't find a definite answer, is it possible to use the USB Loader with no dvd drive connected?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sionsays said:
I have a wii running homebrew, old firmware i think 3.2, a while ago it wasn't possible for me to play games on the usb loader solely because my dvd drive is broken, and the connector inside of my wii to connect it is broken as well. I searched the forums but couldn't find a definite answer, is it possible to use the USB Loader with no dvd drive connected?
It's possible to play games from an USB device but it won't be so simple to place games onto said USB device.

You'll have to look into a way of dumping your games onto your PC via the DVD-ROM then use a WBFS manager to transfer the back-up to your hard drive.

sionsays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wont have a problem putting games on the external usb HD, i just wanted to know if i can play them from it, not having my dvd drive anymore. About a year ago, i couldnt accomplish playing games because the wii's internal HD had to recognize the DVD Drive installed, which i no longer have.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sionsays said:
i wont have a problem putting games on the external usb HD, i just wanted to know if i can play them from it, not having my dvd drive anymore. About a year ago, i couldnt accomplish playing games because the wii's internal HD had to recognize the DVD Drive installed, which i no longer have.
Yes, you can play games from an external USB hard drive without the DVD drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work