Hacking USB Loader 1.1 Not Really Usable IMO

Lomax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've tested a few different hard drives (each of which are on the wiki as "working"), and a few different games (each of which are on the wiki as "working" - including Mario Kart and Kororinpa), and my conclusion is that the whole USB Loader thing is basically unusable. Random freezes makes it a real PITA to do any serious gaming.

I'm sticking with DVD-Rs thanks. Maybe in a few versions time it will be usable, but at the moment it's more trouble than it's worth.

Anyone else share these thoughts, or is it just me/my setup?

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
no freezes on usbloader for me. played numerous games of mario party 8 with the girl, madworld, mario kart wii, excitetruck and wario ware.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the USB loader is not perfect yet, but for a lot of people it's working perfectly,
So I really think the problem is on your side.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's your hard drive, everything works great for me. The only time it froze for me was when I was playing Pikmin, and hit my home button to bring up the wii menu, walked away for a few hours and came back, and it wouldn't load again. But that's my own fault for letting the hard drive idle for so long.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I've been playing using USB Loader exclusively for almost 2 weeks now, using a Verbatim 16GB flash drive on which I have 10 games and THE only game that froze once, today was Oboro Muramasa(sp), not sure why but it only happened once after a good hour of playing.

Amazing game btw, I just hope it was the USB loader and not my Wii, fortunately I didn't lose any progress since it happened right after I saved.

My advice, don't copy games using the Wii, transfer them from your PC to the flash drive or hard drive, I couldn't install any games using the wii itself for some reason except for deadly creatures, maybe my wii dvd drive is messed up but with USB Loader and flatmii around(I should buy me a flatmii) I'm not to worried even if it dies completely.

576ZR673tf

If you have a USB LAN connection set for your Wii, try to delete it in the settings.

Lomax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eagle687 said:
If you have a USB LAN connection set for your Wii, try to delete it in the settings.

By golly I forgot about the USB LAN adapter! Will unplug/clear settings and re-test. Will report back.

Lomax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Unplugged USB LAN adapter. Still had issue. Then cleared "Wired" Internet settings and NOW WORKING.

Just played a few tracks on Mario Kart with no issue, whereas before it would screw up within minutes.

Thanks heaps Eagle687.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Lomax said:
Then cleared "Wired" Internet settings and NOW WORKING.

I take it you have now converted to USB gaming like most of us
wink.gif
Repent, lol!

Seriously though, glad you have got it working - I couldn't live without it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol