Hacking USB Launcher v1.1 Easy Tutorial for Windows

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice guide but let me get this straight.
the whole point of doing this is so that i don't have to rip games (iso) in usb loader, right?
with this method, i can just rip an iso using my computer, put it on the ext hdd, then play it on wii using the usb loader?

ArenSwesin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got usb loader working fine. I would like to be able to get the ISO's I make in usb loader onto my computer to be saved/put on a disc. Is this possible?

after I format and put in my computer my computer detects the disc but says it needs to be formatted before I can use it, even though I already have games on there.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
How about a tutorial on how to get the homebrew links working.... I have found nothing on it yet.

to start, I have about 30 ISOs on the HDD. I click the "homebrew dir" button and make those dirs.
I then put them in a SDHC in the apps dir.
I load HBC and choose a game
I click it, load and it loads to a text screen.
the drive spins then give an "returned 3" error
it returns to the HBC.

What is needed to get these running?

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have put a game on my USB by ripping it off a disc (a random brand i dont know) and when i press play i just get a black screen and it wont load the game is CoD5

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yumms said:
Question: USB loader does not see my usb drive...but the mplayer does. Why is that?

Some USB devices can't be read by the Wii. Check the USB Device compatibility wiki. If yours isn't on there, it might not work.

saulin said:
Do games load fast through USB?

Also is there a performance difference using a USB 2.0 Ext HDD and a 16GB USB memory stick?

Games load faster than normal in most cases. Memory sticks tend to overheat faster and run slower in general, so a hard drive would be a better choice.

QUOTE(dlxowhd @ Apr 1 2009, 09:01 PM)
nice guide but let me get this straight.
the whole point of doing this is so that i don't have to rip games (iso) in usb loader, right?
with this method, i can just rip an iso using my computer, put it on the ext hdd, then play it on wii using the usb loader?

Yes

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArenSwesin said:
I got usb loader working fine. I would like to be able to get the ISO's I make in usb loader onto my computer to be saved/put on a disc. Is this possible?

after I format and put in my computer my computer detects the disc but says it needs to be formatted before I can use it, even though I already have games on there.

Your computer can't read the WBFS drive, which is what USB Loader made it.

If you want to take the ISOs off the drive, click "List ISO's on Drive" on the GUI, get the ID of the game (some letters and numbers, often starting with R) and type that ID into the space where it says to enter the ID. Then click extract ISO

NakedFaerie said:
How about a tutorial on how to get the homebrew links working.... I have found nothing on it yet.

to start, I have about 30 ISOs on the HDD. I click the "homebrew dir" button and make those dirs.
I then put them in a SDHC in the apps dir.
I load HBC and choose a game
I click it, load and it loads to a text screen.
the drive spins then give an "returned 3" error
it returns to the HBC.

What is needed to get these running?

I've not messed around enough to know much about this. I'll tinker some tomorrow.

QUOTE(Lubbo @ Apr 1 2009, 10:48 PM)
i have put a game on my USB by ripping it off a disc (a random brand i dont know) and when i press play i just get a black screen and it wont load the game is CoD5

According to the Wiki - http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1 - COD World At War may not work with USB Loader.

huns28

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
CoD5 works, I'm playing it right now
tongue.gif

so probably the problem is on your end

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here is something for all who want to boot directly to the iso loader.

Install preloader.
put the isoloader.dol in the root of the sd card
boot into the preloader menu
install file
in the bottom menu choose to autoboot file
reboot wii

Now it loads the isoloader instantly. No need for a channel or HBC or whatever, it just boots.
When you exit a game it goes to the wii menu so you can still get there or press the home button to get there from iso loader.

ENJOY instant ISOs
smile.gif

danash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the WBFS folder? is it the WBFS GUI folder? I copied that to my c drive and renamed it to WBFS but i can't add any isos

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danash said:
What is the WBFS folder? is it the WBFS GUI folder? I copied that to my c drive and renamed it to WBFS but i can't add any isos

What is the error you get when trying to add an ISO?

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Current standings are different now, but I still need some help.
I managed to get my Maxtor HDD to appear as a logical drive (W:\) while still keeping the WBFS filesystem and games on it intact, however trying to use wbfs_win to add a game from an iso (Wii Play, NTSC, GameID:RHAE) gives me an error. I input:

wbfs_win W add wiiplay.iso RHAE

and it give me:

bad magic: No error

Can anyone help with this? Obviously, the GUIs that are based on wbfs_win don't work either...

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you SURE that the location of the file AND wbfs_win.exe/your wbfs gui has no space in ANY of the folder names?

Also, I really don't know what the RHAE is for. I don't see how that is necessary >_>

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, problem here...I've followed all the steps in the first post, i was able to format a partition to wbfs and i was able to install a game from an iso. Various GUI's are showing me, that the game is installed. But in USB-Loader, i get the Message "no games found". =/

ps: when i install a game from a disc, everything works fine.

ps2: strange thing - the games installed from a disc aren't showing in the GUIs.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give a detailed way to get WBFS to work with Vista. Not sure if I am doing it right. I tried it by running wbfs_win.exe through command prompt, then used at and put in the info and I keep getting "wbfs windows port build 'delta'" and then it says "Unable to open disc file."

Must be doing something wrong. isos and on c:\roms and the drive letter is set to G

I also see it asks for the ID. Where can I get this?

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knolli said:
Okay, problem here...I've followed all the steps in the first post, i was able to format a partition to wbfs and i was able to install a game from an iso. Various GUI's are showing me, that the game is installed. But in USB-Loader, i get the Message "no games found". =/

ps2: strange thing - the games installed from a disc aren't showing in the GUIs.

Exactly the same here, I created a thread about it but no one replied in it despite three bumps. I bet when you plug the drive into the computer after putting games on it from disc, it also shows no space available in the gui's? I guess it's an issue no one knows how to fix yet.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Kempston said:
Knolli said:

Exactly the same here, I created a thread about it but no one replied in it despite three bumps. I bet when you plug the drive into the computer after putting games on it from disc, it also shows no space available in the gui's? I guess it's an issue no one knows how to fix yet.

yupp.
what windows version do you use? it might be a vista-problem...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can I get some help here. I have a single drive with two partitions. I already formatted one partition to WBFS from the Wii. My ISO partition in under N but windows wont detect it. I have Vista but I have an administrative account. When I use WBFS Manager I get error loading drive. Does the Manager have to be on the N drive? How do I do that if Windows wont detect it? Should I format it Fat32 then back to WBFS and lose all data? How do I do that? I only get the option of NTFS. Thanks if you help me.

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knolli said:
Kempston said:
Knolli said:

yupp.
what windows version do you use? it might be a vista-problem...

I'm on XP so it's definitely not a Vista only issue. I would love to sort this issue out.

EDIT - Fixed it, thanks to advice from the member Screamer. You need to set the WBFS partition to primary as opposed to logical (which I suspect your one is currently set to). I did this, reformatted it to Fat32, used WBFS Gui to format back to WBFS then transfered a game across. It was picked up straight away in USB Loader. Maybe better partition handling will be introduced in the next update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: