Homebrew USB Format problems

hobbit31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Gurus

Apologies if this is covered in another thread, but I have looked around in here, but nothing specific to my query popped out at me so I'm at your mercy.
unsure.gif

I have a 16GB Kingston DataTraveler usb stick and for some reason It won't format to ntfs (to allow +4gb files)using the standard windows option. I have the Wii backup manager and tried that but no joy plus It formats with uloader in the wii but when puting back on the pc to add a file it comes up with the 'this disk is not formatted' crap.

I'm at my wits end and thus hopefully some of you clued up gurus can shed some light onto my predicament?

Cheers

madmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
hiya did uloader format the stick in wbfs format or fat??? if wbfs then windows can`t recognise it as u have to use wbfs manger to read the stick hope this helps
smile.gif

hobbit31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I Have used Wii backup Manager to format the drive to wbfs, which was ok, but when i try to add the backup files it says that there is not enough space on drive?

The files are in rar format, but I know that they were downloaded as iso files??

Jimmybwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I did mine I extracted the iso out of the rar files first, it turned out to be almost 5 gig on my computer, then using WBFS manager I moved the file onto the USB stick formatted to WBFS by USB loader and once on there it ended up only being about 600 MB. The game worked fine with USB loader.

Jim

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to unRAR it first. A RAR is an archive like ZIP. If you don't have WinRAR, use 7-Zip (it's free).

Most ISOs should be around 4.37GB once you unpack the rar.

When you install the ISO on the WBFS drive, the WBFS file system scrubs it, so games reduce in size. Some shrink more than others. IIRC, Wii Sports once installed shrinks to around 300MB. Wii Backup Disc shrinks to 17MB when installed on the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa