Homebrew Upgrading to a new system

KugoSenpai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any pain free way to basically dump my old 3DS' content (system + data) to a new 2DS XL or a new 3DS XL once i have homebrew installed? Do system dumps work the same way?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any pain free way to basically dump my old 3DS' content (system + data) to a new 2DS XL or a new 3DS XL once i have homebrew installed? Do system dumps work the same way?
All pirated content has to have tickets imported on new transferred system they will not system transfer

KugoSenpai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All pirated content has to have tickets imported on new transferred system they will not system transfer
So I get that pirated games won't transfer and neither will all of my homebrew. I'm guessing the course of action then should be install luma and other cfw on the new 2ds (does it matter what cfw ill have on the new console?) and then do the system transfer. Also any way I can keep my homebrew cias (gba injects and freeshop games)? I dont quite get the ticket stuff

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
What i would do,

Fresh install everything on the new system
Get my saves from old system and import them on the new system

You have to reinstall all homebrew and cia games anyway, might aswell do a nice fresh clean install of everything

Note:
Luma is the only known active cfw
Freeshop is long gone and dead
If you don't have backups in cia form or 3ds form (those need to be converter to cia), you have to use your imagination to get them.
The ticket stuff, i never used it and never digged into it, so can't help you there

Last edited by DjoeN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.