Hacking Upgrading to 3.68....

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay,so...I'm finally gonna update to 3.68 (cos' why the heck not), but here a couple of things I can't seem to find online:
- right now I'm on 3.65 enso, do I need to uninstall enso first or update straight to 3.68?
- about the update itself, since there's a new firmware (3.69) I clearly can't use the system update from Settings. So I grab the update from here:
techspot.com.....anyone tried downloading firm from there? or can someone point me to any vita firm site

Guess that's all I'm askin', any reply is highly appreciated......

Last edited by ANOUNYMOSGAMER,
Reactions: fixingmytoys

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay,so...I'm finally gonna update to 3.68 (cos' why the heck not), but here a couple of things I can't seem to find online:
- right now I'm on 3.65 enso, do I need to uninstall enso first or update straight to 3.68?
- about the update itself, since there's a new firmware (3.69) I clearly can't use the system update from Settings. So I grab the update from here:
techspot.com.....anyone tried downloading firm from there? or can someone point me to any vita firm site

Dont do It..stay at 3.65..use repatch for games above 3.65...

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando o Tapatalk

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I am looking to do the same exact thing as you,have no need or care to use patches to run games from higher Firmware that just annoys me, especially all the have to do this have to do that rubbish I just want to play plus my vita is never off anyway

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to do the same exact thing as you,have no need or care to use patches to run games from higher Firmware that just annoys me, especially all the have to do this have to do that rubbish I just want to play plus my vita is never off anyway
Losing enso will always be a bad choice...

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, everyones really stickin to enso 3.65 huh.....
well, I can't find the update tab on Settings, so I can't update without uninstalling enso, and my enso installers bugged saying I need a newer version of henkaku r10 (which is impossible since I'm on 3.65, so henkaku.xyz ain't workin).
I guess I'm stuck with 3.65.....

Reactions: Shadow#1

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
wow, everyones really stickin to enso 3.65 huh.....
well, I can't find the update tab on Settings, so I can't update without uninstalling enso, and my enso installers bugged saying I need a newer version of henkaku r10 (which is impossible since I'm on 3.65, so henkaku.xyz ain't workin).
I guess I'm stuck with 3.65.....
How about you do what you want to do? I'm on 3.68, and everything works great. There's only one game so far that I've needed a compatibility pack for. You start futzing around with crap and more stuff goes wrong, so in my opinion, having to deal with less bullsh*t by being on a higher firmware is the way to go.

goodha2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont do It..stay at 3.65..use repatch for games above 3.65...

I agreed with that.

@ANOUNYMOSGAMER,
I'm on 3.60 ENSO CFW, It is highly recommended to stay old firmware than 3.67!
3.60 and 3.65 ENSO CFW are recommended. You can use repatch for the newest game to play without needing high firmware.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got my Vita on 3,67, it has h-encore installed.
When I manually update to 3,68 h-encore should stay installed right?
PKGj with "compatibility pack" does not seem to work (for Jack n Jill). I did not look into repatch yet.

Edit:
https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/tag/3.0
I will try repatch.skprx

Last edited by bomigoton,
Reactions: goodha2

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about you do what you want to do? I'm on 3.68, and everything works great. There's only one game so far that I've needed a compatibility pack for. You start futzing around with crap and more stuff goes wrong, so in my opinion, having to deal with less bullsh*t by being on a higher firmware is the way to go.
ouch man, you don't have to be so harsh about it. I was asking for help, and if I was given an advice instead I would gladly accept it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agreed with that.

@ANOUNYMOSGAMER,
I'm on 3.60 ENSO CFW, It is highly recommended to stay old firmware than 3.67!
3.60 and 3.65 ENSO CFW are recommended. You can use repatch for the newest game to play without needing high firmware.
I'll try this "rePatch" when I have my laptop back, thx for the advice

I got my Vita on 3,67, it has h-encore installed.
When I manually update to 3,68 h-encore should stay installed right?
PKGj with "compatibility pack" does not seem to work (for Jack n Jill). I did not look into repatch yet.

Edit:
https://github.com/dots-tb/rePatch-reDux0/releases/tag/3.0
I will try repatch.skprx
also, dude, my thread was meant to ask updating the vita, not answering it :D

Reactions: goodha2

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ouch man, you don't have to be so harsh about it. I was asking for help, and if I was given an advice instead I would gladly accept it.

Haha, I didn't mean to come across harsh at all. The wording I used was just in response to you feeling forced to stay on a firmware you might not want to. Sorry if I cam across as mean. Definitely wasn't intentional.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With repatch.skprx it works fine. Somehow I missed the part it reads the compatibility packages, but it makes sense now. After updateing PKGj it offered to install the comp packages, but nowhere mentioned repatch. There is a repatch release thread here on gbatemp.

goodha2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Don't worry, if you don't know how to, you can ask anything me. I can help you ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2