Hacking Upgrading from 3.55 to higher firmware

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there are many topics about this one, and I saw one just before opening this thread. However I'm a total noob and I thought that I really needed another thread for this. Anyway I'm a Kmeaw 3.55 user, havent updated my system for nearly 2.5 years and I have Multiman 4.x (I really don't know which one it is).

I'd like to use the latest "stable" update that would allow me to play. Newer releases that I cannot play otherwise, DLC content without the hassle and PS2/PSP classics. Could you tell which version should I upgrade to? If possible could you direct me to a tutorial (preferably a video tutorial from youtube if possible, believe me it makes things a lot easier).

After updating do I still have to use FAT32 external hdds to load games? I've heard with the newest multiman I can copy games from NTFS hdds? Is it possible and is it easy?

Do I have to replace the eboots of my previous games in order to be able to play them on the newer version? Do I need to patch them one by one? Because I had to change some of the game files in order to play them on 3.55 (other than eboots). For instance I had to change a bunch of files for Hitman Absolution. Does it pose a problem?

Is there anything that should consider? If you have any suggestions please let me know.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you said DLC and PS2 Classic, did you mean pirated/backup or legit stuff from PSN?

Anyway, sounds like you'll be looking at Cobra7/Rogero 4.46. This will allow you to play game signed all the way up to 4.46.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What? No of course not, I'm looking for custom firmware. ı just want to know how to pull it off. I have no problem with piracy.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First install Rebug Toolbox and turn on QA flag if you haven't done so, then install Cobra 7/Rogero 4.46 like you would installing firmware from USB. Make sure there is no disc inside PS3 while doing this.

You said you want no hassle with DLC and PS2 Classic, so again are we talking about pirated/backup stuff or legit PSN? You'll need to use reactPSN to install pirated/backup DLC, as well as one time activation with PS2 Classics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1