Homebrew Upgrading back to 10.5

Splat_Red

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started the process for emuNAND, and I got to the part where you use TinyFormat.
I have decided to change my mind about the whole decision since my wii u is linked to my 3DS' NNID, and I wanted to know if I can update back to 10.5 because I really don't want to stay down at 9.2. :(

Any help? Thanks!

Splat_Red

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remember to back up all of your NAND backups? Also if you've gotten this far, why not just finish?
My Wii U and 3ds are linked together, ( NNID-Wise ) and the guide says not to link it when you use TinyFormat to avoid any problems.

Edit, I backed up my sysNAND.

Last edited by Splat_Red,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My Wii U and 3ds are linked together, ( NNID-Wise ) and the guide says not to link it when you use TinyFormat to avoid any problems.

Edit, I backed up my sysNAND.
It's easy to unlink them and re-link them later. Mine was linked as well and I was able to re-link them after I set up A9LH
I know there's a chance that it will not allow you to sign back in on the 3DS, but fixing the error code is actually really easily. I just remember the code to look it up and post the guide.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Splat_Red

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to unlink them and re-link them later. Mine was linked as well and I was able to re-link them after I set up A9LH
Okay, that's such a relief to hear.
My biggest problem though ( another reason why I wanted to be back at 10.5 ) is that whenever I attempt to link the NNID's, it says I need to do a system update before I can use online services.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay, that's such a relief to hear.
My biggest problem though ( another reason why I wanted to be back at 10.5 ) is that whenever I attempt to link the NNID's, it says I need to do a system update before I can use online services.
After setting up A9LH, you can either update your CFW to the latest OFW or (IIRC) Luma3DS does block forced online updates. I know Corbenik allows you to use online features/friends lists on older OFW's without hassle and Corbenik blocking code is based on the blocking code from Luma3DS.

Splat_Red

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After setting up A9LH, you can either update your CFW to the latest OFW or (IIRC) Luma3DS does block forced online updates. I know Corbenik allows you to use online features/friends lists on older OFW's without hassle and Corbenik blocking code is based on the blocking code from Luma3DS.
So what will I need to do now? Just reinstall menuhax for 9.2?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So what will I need to do now? Just reinstall menuhax for 9.2?
Wait, were you trying to install A9LH?
If you are trying to revert back to MenuHAX, you should just be able to restore your previously backed up emuNAND and just set up your CFW like you had it before.

Splat_Red

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay, thank you for the help!
( I'm a complete noobie to all of this, it means a lot to me when I can get some help! :D )
Understandable, but there's nothing more I can contribute that isn't already covered in the guide. That guide pretty much covers everything you can think of.

Reactions: Splat_Red

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended