Hacking Updating Wii

thanamesjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't have a clue where my wii is currently, outside of it being 4.1U. I need to update it because I have some games not playing, but without knowing where I currently stand should I just start over at factory and go from there? Or is there a safe method for me to update despite not knowing my softmod specs? Honestly I even thought I had bootmii installed, yet it didn't pull up from the HBC menu, so I guess not. Thanks for the help.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can use ModMii to update your wii's softmods, just run the wizard, and tell it your wii is a virgin even though its not. Then let it download the files to your sd card and then follow your custom guide.

how do u play your backups? do u play them off of disc via the disc channel? If so, you would also need to update your cIOScorp to darkcorp 1.1, but I would recommend u switch to using a usb-loader, which is all explained in ModMii

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you tell ModMii you have a virgin wii, and it is already softmodded, would you run into any issues if you had any stub ios's? Should these be removed prior to running modmii, or would the process overwrite them as needed?

thanamesjames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play back ups using USB Loader GX, also I've realized that I used the Bannerbomb hack to install my mod, and had installed hackmii (and thus bootmii). Bootmii didn't load up because I had apparently erased some of the necessary files off my SD card.

With that said, I'm using your ModMii program right now, and was just wondering why it recommends me to "update" to 4.1, and not 4.3? My plan was to go ahead and get my wii to 4.3. Thanks for the help!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@reboot, it can overwrite stub IOSs

@thanamesjames, you can update to 4.3 if u like, but the only new features it adds over 4.1 is anti-homebrew features (ie. disables bannerbomb and deletes HAXX, JODI and DVDX title IDs). There is nothing wrong with being on 4.3, but it's pointless. If u want to update to 4.3 just so u can laugh at nintendo by using homebrew on their latest firmware, go right ahead... but that is about the only benefit 4.3 offers over 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.