Updating Wii to latest version

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kwerty00, Apr 19, 2010.

1. kwerty00
    OP

kwerty00 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2009
    United States
    Hello all,

i want to update my Wii from 4.0E to the latest firmware.

Currently on/in my system i have a Drivkey + Homebrew Channel (needed Neogamma to play NSMB)

How do i go about updating my wii to the latest firmware without losing any of the functionality i have now. Also will updating effect anything that my Drivekey can currently do (eg. game compatibility; cause all my games run fine now, havent come across any that dont)?

2. kwerty00
    OP

kwerty00 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2009
    United States
    No suggestions?

3. megatron_lives

megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    Check one of the stickied guides for updating to 4.2. You won't lose anything in the respect of homebrew and other installed channels and wiiware/VC games working. However, firmwares >4.0 break multiregion in some mod chips (happened to me when I updated from 4.0 to 4.2 with a wiikey v1). I just followed the guide and now I have removed my mod chip and run games via USB. You'll have to search around to see if Drivekey's regionfree is affected by 4.2 updates though, I honestly don't know.

But to honest, softmoding is the way to go, especially using USB loaders for backups.

hope that helps, happy modding!

m

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice