Gaming Updating Notebook Graphic Drivers

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acer Aspire 7750G, it comes with switchable graphics; I can choose which applications use which display device. The problem I am having, is when I use the HD Radeon 7670M that came with the computer (which is supposed to be better then the intel HD graphics) sometimes it freezes, crashes, blue screens... etc...

I figured, the first thing I would do is update the drivers, maybe that would fix the problem. I head over to the AMD website, no drivers for this graphics card and auto detect does not do any good either. The drivers on the Acer website are exactly the ones I have already (I'm pretty sure they are pretty outdated too);

Any suggestions or am I hosed?

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try this one
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

It at least checks if there is a driver for it.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Best place to get laptop drivers is usually the brand site. In your case, Acer. And they willbe outdated, because they've been tweaked and optimised by Acer for your laptop.

What temperature is your laptop when you get these problems?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Notebook drivers are an annoying mess. AMD and nVidia want to provide graphics updates but are held back by the manufacturers who want a 1 stop place to get updates for their laptops from their own site.
You can install them but you need a direct download of the drivers. The program you download from AMD downloads the drivers if you have a supported laptop and doesn't if you don't. If you can find this link you will be able to install them though they might have some issues. I had a problem with hardware accelerated video on my Sony Vaio E (basically it didnt render any video)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: