Hacking Updating games bricks switch "unknown pkg1 version"

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i am hoping someone here has the answer to this as it is getting frustrating. I have a few games installed on my switch, when i download update files in .nsp format and install them successfully using goldleaf USB transfer sometimes my switch will crash and no longer boot. This happens after i get past the installation loading bar and see the pop up saying it .nsp successfully installed. Once i close goldleaf and return to the main screen all my icons show loading circles then it will crash with a Atmosphere error. Upon running Hekate i get "unknown pkg1 version emummc corrupt? failed to launch hos". i have had this happen on 3 separate occasions. I have inspected the .nsp hex before installing to confirm it is full of data and i also see the "seems to be official" information in goldleaf before installing. I have tried this with multiple versions of updates from different sources and have gotten the same result.

I have tried reinstalling hekate and atmosphere with no luck. The only way i can get my emummc to boot is to restore my sd card to a disk image i created before (which takes a very long time).

Kosmos 15.3
Atmosphere 10.5
Switch FW 9.2.0
Hekate 5.1.3 / Nyx 0.8.6
Goldleaf 0.8
128gb switch branded micro SD

Last edited by wolverine92,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, i am hoping someone here has the answer to this as it is getting frustrating. I have a few games installed on my switch, when i download update files in .nsp format and install them successfully using goldleaf USB transfer sometimes my switch will crash and no longer boot. This happens after i get past the installation loading bar and see the pop up saying it .nsp successfully installed. Once i close goldleaf and return to the main screen all my icons show loading circles then it will crash with a Atmosphere error. Upon running Hekate i get "unknown pkg1 version emummc corrupt? failed to launch hos". i have had this happen on 3 separate occasions. I have inspected the .nsp hex before installing to confirm it is full of data and i also see the "seems to be official" information in goldleaf before installing. I have tried this with multiple versions of updates from different sources and have gotten the same result.

I have tried reinstalling hekate and atmosphere with no luck. The only way i can get my emummc to boot is to restore my sd card to a disk image i created before (which takes a very long time).

Kosmos 15.3
Atmosphere 10.5
Switch FW 9.2.0
Hekate 5.1.3 / Nyx 0.8.6
Goldleaf 0.8
may be try something other than Goldleaf?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kosmos 15.3
Atmosphere 10.5
Switch FW 9.2.0
Hekate 5.1.3 / Nyx 0.8.6
Goldleaf 0.8
Goldleaf is buggy. Use a different installer, like blawar's Tinfoil, instead.

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks all for the advice. Turns out something on my Emummc was corrupt and as soon as a new file was installed it would make it unreadable. I had to completely reformat the entire card and re install everything. now it is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof