Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you list the options?
1:Complete EmuNAND Setup
2:Complete RedNAND Setup
3: SD Format Options...
Format SD (1: No EmuNAND, 2: EmuNAND Default, 3: EmuNAND minsize, 4: EmuNAND legacy)
4: EmuNAND Manager Options...
Clone sysNAND to EmuNAND
Clone sysNAND to RedNAND
Restore File to EmuNAND
Restore file to RedNand

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing this is if your NANDs are linked.

Doesnt matter if nands are Linked or Not that has nothing to do with it please............
Reinands Current Release prevents Nfirm Updating or Downgrading, which is why he is now on frankenfirm

Last edited by izy,

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt matter if nands are Linked or Not that has nothing to do with it please............
Reinands Current Release prevents Nfirm Updating or Downgrading, which is why he is now on frankenfirm
But when I downgraded to 9.2 and created the emuNand which was on 9.2 I was able to upgrade to 10.7 on the emuNand

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1:Complete EmuNAND Setup
2:Complete RedNAND Setup
3: SD Format Options...
Format SD (1: No EmuNAND, 2: EmuNAND Default, 3: EmuNAND minsize, 4: EmuNAND legacy)
4: EmuNAND Manager Options...
Clone sysNAND to EmuNAND
Clone sysNAND to RedNAND
Restore File to EmuNAND
Restore file to RedNand
Restore file to EmuNAND

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But when I downgraded to 9.2 and created the emuNand which was on 9.2 I was able to upgrade to 10.7 on the emuNand

And? Still doesnt mean its not true, you even stated you had this issue before trying to update to 10.7

Also it literally stated on the Latest Reinand Commit (which isnt included in the latest build)

hhPpuIc.jpg

See also Plailects guide (this also applies to upgrading)

vMBM6zE.jpg

Last edited by izy,

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made the same mistake of updating through ReiNAND 4 without knowing it blocks NFIRM updating.
I have an emunand backup from last month when I switched to a bigger microSD card. If I restore it, will all my cias and saves remain intact?

Also, since which version ReiNAND blocks NFIRM writing? Back when I setup my new 3ds with menuhax and emunand, i updated from 9.2 to 10.7 using ReiNAND (can't recall the version, was almost two months ago).

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the same mistake of updating through ReiNAND 4 without knowing it blocks NFIRM updating.
I have an emunand backup from last month when I switched to a bigger microSD card. If I restore it, will all my cias and saves remain intact?

Also, since which version ReiNAND blocks NFIRM writing? Back when I setup my new 3ds with menuhax and emunand, i updated from 9.2 to 10.7 using ReiNAND (can't recall the version, was almost two months ago).
If you back up the entire SD card (that includes the EmuNAND partition) then your saves and such should be fine. Did it update completely to 10.7? Because you need ReiNAND 4.0 to boot into 10.7 EmuNAND anyway.

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you back up the entire SD card (that includes the EmuNAND partition) then your saves and such should be fine. Did it update completely to 10.7? Because you need ReiNAND 4.0 to boot into 10.7 EmuNAND anyway.

Checked my logs and posts. I have had ReiNAND 3.5 at the time. Did this version had NFIRM blocks too?
Also if I restore emunand to 10.7 and then use luma3ds to update to 11.0, it should fix any frankenfirmware I may have, right?

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked my logs and posts. I have had ReiNAND 3.5 at the time. Did this version had NFIRM blocks too?
Also if I restore emunand to 10.7 and then use luma3ds to update to 11.0, it should fix any frankenfirmware I may have, right?
Yes, it should fix it. And I'm not sure about that version since I used ReiNAND 2.1 after I downgraded to 9.2 two weeks ago (didn't realize it was incredibly outdated). But I would assume that that blocked NFIRM writing since the update got an error at about 90%.

Last edited by Tobias97,

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI ReiNand prevent upadating Nfirm aswell as downgrading it.

Thats why your are partially updated you on frankenfirm
Welp, that would be why. Didn't realize that Rei had NFIRM Prot, and I must have missed it on the wiki. Thanks for letting me know. When I find the time, I'll just switch to Luma or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up