Hacking Updating 3ds question

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey probably like 6months ago I finally downgraded and installed emunand and cfw, rx tools, on 9.x something (3ds isn't in front of me) . I downloaded the Pokemon A/O creator app and it says now supports firmware up to 11. Since there is a new version I can't go online and trade Pokemon with my buddy. Wondering if and how to upgrade to 11 as I have no clue what I'm doing

Thanks

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can update the emuNAND without issues and play from there.

But of course, since you're on 9.x i'm assuming that you're using MenuHax. So don't update the sysNAND or you will lose access to the emuNAND.

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can update the emuNAND without issues and play from there.

But of course, since you're on 9.x i'm assuming that you're using MenuHax. So don't update the sysNAND or you will lose access to the emuNAND.

Sorry I haven't been following all this 3ds stuff, so does that mean my emunand would b 11.0.0-33 and the sysnand stays on the 9.x?

If so if I look up a guide for updating emunand to 11.0.0-33 that would help me?
Thanks

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry I haven't been following all this 3ds stuff, so does that mean my emunand would b 11.0.0-33 and the sysnand stays on the 9.x?

Exactly, and you don't even need a guide to update the emuNAND. Just go to system settings and update as normally.

And also, if you're using a New3DS, the procedure is quite different.

Last edited by Autz,

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly, and you don't even need a guide to update the emuNAND. Just go to system settings and update as normally.

And also, if you're using a New3DS, the procedure is quite different.

I have the original 3ds settings on emunand and follow the prompts seems simple enough.

If you're on emuNAND, you can update to 11.0 no problem in the System Settings. If you're on sysNAND, do not update.

To avoid this problem, I would recommend following this guide to install A9LH and ditch emuNAND entirely: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I'll take a look at that, im not to worried though because I have my games installed on the emunand and then if I switch to sysnand they r gone so easy enough

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the original 3ds settings on emunand and follow the prompts seems simple enough.

I'll take a look at that, im not to worried though because I have my games installed on the emunand and then if I switch to sysnand they r gone so easy enough
With A9LH, you would move your emuNAND to your sysNAND, so your games would be fine.

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With A9LH, you would move your emuNAND to your sysNAND, so your games would be fine.
I thought there was a reason I didn't do that when following the guide but I can't remember haha

Edit: so another question can I always update emunand from settings or does it need to be "hacked" or w.e it's called

Last edited by kasek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0