Updated Luma on CTRNAND however didn't update B9S

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by neim81094, Jun 5, 2017.

1. neim81094
    OP

neim81094 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    Pretty much what the title says.
    I couldn't get SafeB9sInstaller.firm to load to update B9S, so I tried to reinstall Luma3DS, however it would never get it to load the Luma3DS ChainLoader to select SafeB9SInstaller

I put the new boot.firm from the latest Luma3DS verison onto the CTRNAND and now the 3DS will flash the blue LED and then shut down when I attempt to power it on. I am wondering if there is a way to recover from this, or is this a permabrick

Thanks in advance.

2. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Not a brick.

What version of B9S are you on?

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

neim81094 likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I haven't updated yet, but I'm pretty sure the sd card takes priority when using a9lh or b9s, so putting that file in the ctrNAND shouldn't matter. it sounds like ur system can find the luma payload like it would on a9lh. is the boot firm file on the root of ur sd card?

neim81094 likes this.
  4. neim81094
    OP

neim81094 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    I do have boot.firm from the latest version of Luma3DS on the root of the SD

I am on the original version of B9S, I am going to try to install an older version of Luma3DS onto the SD Card and check to see if that works

Thanks for replying guys :D

The older version of Luma3DS worked!

Thanks guys

Once I did that it allowed me to boot to the LUma3DS chainloader, I updated my B9S to 1.2. Once I deleted the boot.firm on the SD Card, it loaded the boot.firm in the NAND(which is the latest Luma3DS)

:)

Last edited by neim81094, Jun 5, 2017
    Pyra likes this.