Homebrew Update to wii ulast version

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, what has changed with 5.5.4?(if it’s the lastest version), I'm afraid to update the console, if I update the console (currently 5.5.3) will I still be able to:
-play and install wii u, wii and ds games (as well as using installed dlc)
-use mocha CFW and homebrew

I’m in Europe so my wii u is a EU one.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think he did.... The parts that say "yes" and that the latest version number is 5.5.4 and that he installed it last week without a problem!

But to answer your questions

1. Yes
2. Yes.

Just be sure to test your homebrew launcher access with whatever method you use to confirm you still have access after updating and check your firmware version in system settings to see if cfw is still available. CFW version should show as all 9s.(9.9.999.99 ect)

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
Reactions: jeannotte

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So nothing has changed ?
To launch the homebrew launcher I use a method that works with 5.5.x versions, (it’s a 5.5.x exploit),
My current firmware version is 5.5.3 E
I don’t understand why and how to find the CFW version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If you update your wiiu normally you will have to install cbhc again but what I do is spoof my firmware so everything stays the same.

Your cfw cbhc will just say 99999.. something like that no need to check your firmware just update.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Mauroz

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t have cbhc, I use every time mocha CFW, so I don’t have to do anything, right ?
Yes you still have to update your systemnand like normal, mocha cfw doesn't change anything. Mocha cfw will show the same update as your systemnand. Tbh with you I have never used mocha cfw so I'm not really up to date or experienced with that I only know the basics about it.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My understanding of mocha is to boot it through homebrew launcher everytime you boot your wii u so updating for you is fine as mocha will still be on your sd card and bootable (is that a word??) from homebrew launcher after updating as i believe 5.5.4 poses no problem to it.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
My understanding of mocha is to boot it through homebrew launcher everytime you boot your wii u so updating for you is fine as mocha will still be on your sd card and bootable (is that a word??) from homebrew launcher after updating as i believe 5.5.4 poses no problem to it.
That is all I know about it, yes your right. I have always used my own made custom cbhc and cbhc in my opinion is certainly the way to boot wiiu cfw up - “bootable” that is a word I’ve used it.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it