Country
Korea, South
i'm new to this site and been watched threads here
tried to look up information about cfw,
i haven't hacked my swtich yet,
and considering up to condition
if i can still use legal firmware update after i have install cfw
and use online mode for games

some games like pokemon been required newest firmware released by nintendo on 3DS

if i setup homebrew cfw on 5.02 switch i have now, is it allowed to update when new firmware released by nintendo? and also if it's okay to update, is there additional process i need to do for cfw with newly updated firmware?

also, if i use jig, does it mean i'm burning the fuses of CPU?
some threads are telling fuses in cpu is used for checking if user is using right type of firmware,
if i use jig and use cfw, does it mean i'll gonna burn the fuses my own way and will never update legal firmware anymore?

1. legal firmware update after install cfw?
2. is it okay to use e shops after cfw, what if new games released and games ask newest firmwares?
3. using jig means burn the fuses and never update firmware anymore? is it safe method unless cfw installed safely?

nihilous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
one more, how can i remove if i once install cfw?
as i know lot's of cfw install process is contain backup of original firmware setting,
even after i setup cfw, if i use RCM, does it mean i can use swtich without cfw as factory product?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW isn't installed yet. It's a temporary boot using RCM mode. So if you want to "remove" the CFW, just reboot your console.
You'll be able to update to OFW as you please, although I don't recommend it if you're interested in hacking.
Jigs do the opposite of burn fuses. 1: burning a fuse wouldn't disallow you from updating to OFW, it would just... break your right joy con rail. 2: it doesn't burn fuses because the whole point of a jig is that you are not soldering anything or using a loose wire.
You should be able to use eShop in CFW, but for risk of a ban, I would reboot into OFW before doing so.

Reactions: nihilous

nihilous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
thank you that was big help, does people in this forum also is using rcm boot for cfw every time ?
most thing i was interested of cfw was checkpoint (save file manager)
as i know switch is using cloud storage save method, seems there's no case of ban for save file replacing by checkpoint yet
is it fine if i use checkpoint on cfw unless i don't play game on cfw, using e shop on cfw, but only replacing save file of cloud through checkpoint?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you that was big help, does people in this forum also is using rcm boot for cfw every time ?
most thing i was interested of cfw was checkpoint (save file manager)
as i know switch is using cloud storage save method, seems there's no case of ban for save file replacing by checkpoint yet
is it fine if i use checkpoint on cfw unless i don't play game on cfw, using e shop on cfw, but only replacing save file of cloud through checkpoint?
As of now, RCM is the most widely used exploit, I believe, unless you're on 3.0.0 where I think they use a web browser exploit. You should be able to replace saves, and play games on CFW as you wish, but like I said I recommend using the eShop on normal firmware.

Also, I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that saves on the switch are on the SD card/System Storage, not cloud.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now, RCM is the most widely used exploit, I believe, unless you're on 3.0.0 where I think they use a web browser exploit. You should be able to replace saves, and play games on CFW as you wish, but like I said I recommend using the eShop on normal firmware.

Also, I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that saves on the switch are on the SD card/System Storage, not cloud.
Just here to confirm that saves are indeed stored on the Switch console itself. They cannot be stored on the cartridges as they are read-only aka you can't modify the files on them.

nihilous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Draxzelex thank you for the information share about save file!

CFW isn't installed yet. It's a temporary boot using RCM mode. So if you want to "remove" the CFW, just reboot your console.
You'll be able to update to OFW as you please, although I don't recommend it if you're interested in hacking.
Jigs do the opposite of burn fuses. 1: burning a fuse wouldn't disallow you from updating to OFW, it would just... break your right joy con rail. 2: it doesn't burn fuses because the whole point of a jig is that you are not soldering anything or using a loose wire.
You should be able to use eShop in CFW, but for risk of a ban, I would reboot into OFW before doing so.

sorry about one more question,
what does "break right joy con rail" mean? exactly?
i thought it was kind of electric method, not physical damage,
does it actually give permanent damage on switch hardware physically? or just slight chance of damage in case i messed up using paper clip?
or just mean "break through , hack through right joy con rail??"

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draxzelex thank you for the information share about save file!

sorry about one more question,
what does "break right joy con rail" mean? exactly?
i thought it was kind of electric method, not physical damage,
does it actually give permanent damage on switch hardware physically? or just slight chance of damage in case i messed up using paper clip?
or just mean "break through , hack through right joy con rail??"
You referenced shorting a fuse, which I doubt is possible in any way but if it was, your right joy con would not work while directly connected (or some of the buttons wouldn't work, anyway..)

If you're REALLY hasty and reckless, you could break off a pin on the rail, but thats pretty difficult to do. they may be fragile, but its not too bad.

nihilous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thank you ElijahZAwesome !

if shorting isn't considerable option usually
seems i don't need to worry about malfunction with damage in right sequence, in order to install CFW
unless i mess up,
was wondered after i read "jig would break rail of right joycon" if it's still cause damage and malfunction in right sequence

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you ElijahZAwesome !

if shorting isn't considerable option usually
seems i don't need to worry about malfunction with damage in right sequence, in order to install CFW
unless i mess up,
was wondered after i read "jig would break rail of right joycon" if it's still cause damage and malfunction in right sequence

Just dont worry about breaking the rail. you're fine.

Use your jig and youll be a-OK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one