Update All IOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by PJIV, Aug 20, 2010.

Aug 20, 2010

Update All IOS by PJIV at 6:03 AM (1,701 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. PJIV
    OP

Newcomer PJIV Member

United States
    When I use MMM to look at my IOS's a lot of them are older than what is on NUS. I'm wonderning if I should use the Update All IOS feature to well update all of the IOS's to the latest versons or just leave it alone. Is there any harm in updating?

2. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If it ain't broke don't fit it... With that said, if you REALLY want to update, you can hit up the modify any wii thread that is stickied, grab the up42x for your region, and install the ios's in the pack... Don't install 36 or 70 though (these should already be trucha'd)... And obviously don't re-install the system menu (as that would kill priiloader) [​IMG]

-Erik

3. gizmomelb

Member gizmomelb GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    apparently 'Pimp my Wii' will auto update and patch all IOS's for you, so maybe give that a go.

4. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    update it all just don't install the stubs.... and be sure to have a....
    wii failing, anti-bricking apps you have installed first...
    so you won't post here again with a topic name of "easy brick your wii guide!"

5. jmckutchin

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just use DOP Miiv13. You only need to fakesign/es_identify/nandpermission IOS 36 and either 60/70/80 (depending on menu version, I did them all just to be safe). Keep all the others original.

I wouldn't bother with Pimp My Wii. It wants to, by default, patch every IOS on your system, which is really unnecessary.