Universal USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Fiesty Panda, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009

Universal USB Loader by Fiesty Panda at 8:38 PM (2,916 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Fiesty Panda
    OP

Banned Fiesty Panda Banned

United States
    With only 10 days left until the release of cIOS rev 14, soon we'll be able to play NES, SNES, and N64 classics, as well as new Wii titles, all off of a USB hard drive. Waninkoko will undoubtedly release a boring, ugly (but EXTREMELY NECESSARY) loader that'll be able to do this, but we all dream of one smexy, USB loader with cover support. So my question is, which developer is going to do this?

BeardFace: I'd love to see an option to be able to use the D-Pad's up and down buttons to flip between NES, SNES, N64 and Wii mode all in cover flow.

Team USB Loader GX: Don't have size limitations with each boxart (don't take the easy way out and force all NES, SNES, and N64 box art to be the same dimensions as Wii boxes), so retro boxes would be resized into the column on the left.

Configurable USB Loader People: Get true 3D box art, a la Beardface. Browsing in a 3D like space with fake 3D box art feels odd, especially when you have box arts of different sizes (NES, SNES, N64 boxes)

Give suggestions for Wiiflow, uLoader and other USB loader creators in this thread, and we may soon have the perfect USB loader (or if we ever get gamecube support [​IMG] )

2. Skiller

Member Skiller GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    to me it be good if all LOader Teams Just Desided to work as one. Making things Faster. the more ppl u have working on something the more Errors u will find and be able to fix. and a way faster way to Improve things since more ideas are being thrown around .

My Prefrince is Loader GX but i also like BeardFaces.
    it would be cool to see them all work as one but hey we all know how this World Works we all want Credit for everything and we cant work as one..

3. PartyMon

Newcomer PartyMon Member

United States
    It'll never happen as everyone's opinion of necessary features is drastically different. Most of the highly favored USB Loaders started out as a "I want this feature in my own usb loader" and spurred into full blown projects. Someone is always going to want to do something differently.