Hacking "Universal" Help

Foxmc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I am thinking on trading my R4 that "died" recently. And I am really thinking on trading to another Flash, but I just know how to use the R4. So what kinds of flash do you recommends? And are they hard to use? Do they run all the roms released? And the GUI, is something cool(yeah I am worried about it
tongue.gif
). I really don't care if it run GBA, but I would like you to comment if it does.

I appreciate every and any help you can do.

P.S: The topic is in here, because I heard good things about the acekard.
smile.gif

Oh, sorry about the bad english. xD

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well. acekard is alright. not too had to use. but its a bit more tricky to upgrade a firmware. its easy to learn so it shouldnt be that bad. acekard 2/rpg pretty much have 100% clean rom support. the GUI on it looks great. (not so many skins/themes are out at the moment). i really recommend it.

but if you are not sure. and want to stick with the 3 button style menu. go for cyclo DS or edge. they are very simular to R4 but offer features R4 dont.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nearly any recent flash cart does what the R4 does and more. Therefore, I would absolutely recommend replacing your R4 with another flash cart such as an Acekard 2, Edge, SCDS1, CycloDS, or Acekard RPG. Which one you should get depends on your budget and your needs, but my guess is that the Acekard 2 would best meet your needs.

The CycloDS and Acekard RPG are more expensive than the others, but also have a few advantages over the others.

The SCDS1 is a bit more expensive than the Acekard 2 or Edge and cheaper than the CycloDS and Acekard RPG. It has extra features like the CycloDS and Acekard RPG, but its menu isn't as responsive or easy to use as the others.

All are at least as easy to use as the R4. They all work about the same way (drop the firmware on the microSD card, put some games in a folder, and away you go).

The Acekard 2 and Acekard RPG probably have the nicest menus of any carts.

ETA: I'm not really sure what mhkwong means when he says that it's more tricky to upgrade the firmware than other carts. It's simply a matter of replacing the firmware that is on there with the new firmware, just as with the R4.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo