RELEASE Universal Clock Settings for sys-clk and sys-clk-Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Huntereb, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    [​IMG]

I've created some patches for sys-clk and sys-clk-editor that enable you to set universal system-wide clock settings right from your console. The clock settings will be read from your config and applied for every title that you do not have clock settings specified for in your config. If you do have a title specified in your config with its own clock settings, they will be applied instead of your universal clock settings. Your universal clock settings will be applied alongside your game-specific clock settings if you have a profile created in your universal clock settings that are not in your game's settings. For example, if you have in your universal clock settings that you want your RAM speed to be 1600MHz, and the game you have settings set up for does not have a RAM setting, your RAM will still be set to 1600MHz alongside whatever other game-specific clocks you've defined. Game-specific config settings will always override your universal clock settings.

The sys-clk patch doesn't require the use of sys-clk-editor. If you don't want to use it, just take a look at the config included with the release to figure out how to make it work. Both patches will be updated when I see that they require an update to continue functioning properly, or for major revisions of sys-clk or sys-clk-editor.

Release and source code Download: https://lewd.pics/chan/b/543.html

sys-clk: https://github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk

sys-clk-editor: https://github.com/SunTheCourier/sys-clk-Editor

If you have any questions about the use of sys-clk, be sure to stop by the RetroNX discord: https://discord.gg/erNC4FB

I will not be responding to questions on this site. If you have a question about these patches, feel free to ask on the release page.

sorabora, UnT7oh, dspair and 9 others like this.
  2. mrcroket

mrcroket Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    It can be useful! Thanks!

3. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    Sounds good, shall test it later.

4. one-piece

one-piece Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Mexico
    Excellent!.

5. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Brazil
    inb4 "but that's not how you're supposed to use sys-clk"

one-piece, Aisuga and ZeroFX like this.
  6. p-sam

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    "but that's not how you're supposed to use sys-clk"

7. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Before anyone starts asking, no system wide clock does not work on SXOS

8. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    excellent this a nice alternated to freebird if it's broken at any point. big thanks to the developer

9. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    Not sure why we need 3 or 4 versions of sys clock tbh.

10. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Small update. I made the sys-clk patch so it doesn't remove features that will eventually be usable in sys-clk-manager, and I also compiled it with the latest libnx. You shouldn't notice any difference in functionality from the previous version.

When sys-clk-manager is eventually shown to public eyes, I'll likely incorporate this config-based universal clock setting setup into it, instead of sys-clk-Editor.

11. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    This is settings for sysclk... That makes oc aways on, system-wide...

Nice for people that was used to FreeBird and wasn't liking to be caged again.

12. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    [​IMG]

Another update. I had someone ask me if I could incorporate a way of forcing sys-clk to ignore changing clocks when games enable "boost mode". It seems like a useful feature, so I've done just that. You can force sys-clk to not change your clock settings during "boost mode" by creating a file named "boost.flag" in you config folder. You can also just select the menu option in sys-clk-Editor, which I've also implemented.

hippy dave likes this.
  13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Maybe worth doing a pull request for this feature to the official repo? I know they're not interested in the universal clock setting, but they might like this.

14. p-sam

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    No because games do not get to actually benefit from it (because of how sys-clk works), we have been trying to explain it numerous times in our discord along with the caveats of the other patches in here, since it got asked multiple times, it's just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ now

Last edited by p-sam, Sep 28, 2019
    hippy dave likes this.
  15. vanraz86

vanraz86 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2019
    Greece
    Not working for me, installed everything, 9.0 and atm 0.9.4. Doom and Wolfenstein don't change resolution even after ovecloking gpu to max. Please help, thanks

16. vanraz86
    This message by vanraz86 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 5, 2019, Reason: Please do not bump threads.
    Oct 4, 2019
  17. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    How do I use this with SX OS?
    And is there a way to see INGAME what the current active clock is, to double check if the clocks are REALLY applied?

18. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    I think it works if u enable sys-clk in sys editor after every reboot. in that u need to manually toggle it on when u want to use it in sxos

19. UnT7oh

UnT7oh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    United States
    Thank you OP, all features work perfectly! Great work.

As the developer of sys-clk can you please explain what you mean by this? I am using it and games definitely do benefit, sys-clk appears to be paused when boost mode becomes active and resumes when boost mode ends.

Last edited by UnT7oh, Oct 26, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted