Universal cias?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FrozenDragon150, Aug 24, 2015.

1. FrozenDragon150
    OP

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Nov 6, 2014
    Venezuela
    Hello, I read about universal/preinstalled cia files, but i have a few doubts

First, are universal cias ALL the apps that come preinstalled on the 3ds?

Second, would it be possible to make regular cia files behave like universal cias?

Third, i've read that FBI won't work using current 9.9 exploit, however, by 'not working' do they mean it won't open, won't attempt to install the cia, won't be able to install the cia or the cia won't work when installed?

There.

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    I guess you mean legit CIAs.
    Legit CIAs are made from games that are pre-installed on a 3DS, think of the various Pokemon bundles for example. Since they're properly signed they can be played without having to patch any signature checks, meaning that you can play them without a CFW after you installed them. However, you still need to have a 3DS on a firmware between 4.5 and 9.2 to be able to install the CIAs in the first place.

To your second question: No you can't.

Lastly, FBI won't work because the 9.9 exploit doesn't have enough permissions on the 3DS to install anything. No, this won't work in the near future either. If you're on a firmware that's higher than 9.2 you're currently out of luck regarding pirated games.

3. Rusb

Rusb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    There are only a few legit cias that are region free (universal), but legit cia can be legion lock, yes, are games that are preinstalled in 3DS.

No, eshop cias only can run on the 3DS you'd bought it. And for be "legit" need to be nintendo signed.

You can't acces the service needed to install the cia, if you could install it, or have it previously installed, it is supposed to work tho.

4. FrozenDragon150
    OP

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Nov 6, 2014
    Venezuela
    .....Ah, I missed the 'legit' part, after the 'preinstalled' on the FAQ, whoops.

I'm sorry, i misread AND misunderstood *starts biting hair*