Uninstalling Something

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by godreborn, Aug 29, 2018.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I installed easeus recently, but it was of no use to me (forced buying it just to do anything), so I uninstalled it. it uninstalled, but it said something like: "the program couldn't uninstall everything, some things must be remove manually." what does that mean exactly? I deleted the left over easeus folder. is that it? is there a way to wipe the computer clean of all traces of easeus even if the app has already been installed? I thought of revo, but doesn't that cost money for uninstalled apps? thanks!

2. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Fan

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    I use CCleaner to get rid of unused files that have been leftovers of uninstalls. Sometimes I double check in the /program files. Not sure if this helps

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Programs usually leave some folder and registry files behind that needs to be manually removed, I use Revo Uninstaller Pro for this type of stuff.

4. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    cc cleaner can do this?

what should I do about an already uninstalled program? it's not listed.

5. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you are worrying about files left behind, you can delete folder and file related to easeus in ProgramData and AppData.

6. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    thanks. I think I might've gotten. it's in neither location. I did test out revo pro (trial version) and used its database log. I'm not sure if it did anything though as it just zips by too quickly to read anything.

7. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I mean it scan for leftover file for you when you uninstall a program.

8. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    this was an app already uninstalled using normal windows. revo seems to have a database for uninstalled apps. I wasn't sure if the easeus trial was pro or normal. I think it was pro, but I don't know if a trial version would be affected by the same database.