Unhackable Wii? Does it really exist?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Luigimitsu, May 28, 2014.

1. Luigimitsu
    OP

Luigimitsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    London, United Kingdom
    I didn't believe it was true, but I recently hacked 20 Wii's (no exaggeration, literally more than 20). Out of all of these Wii's, there is only one which I couldn't get the letterbomb exploit to show up on, no matter how much I tried. I was going to do the bathaxx, but when I insert the SD card it says something like it cannot use this SD card. Is this Wii really unhackable? If there is some way I can hack this I'd love to know.

2. Riyrt

Riyrt Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2008
    United States
    Might have something to do with SDHC cards and old Wii firmware which does not support it. What firmware is it on?

3. Luigimitsu
    OP

Luigimitsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    London, United Kingdom
    I thought it could be the SD card, but I was trying a regular SD card, and it's 4.3.

4. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    Try redownloading the exploit from please.hackmii.com

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The only unhackable Wii systems are those without SD card slots.

Luigimitsu likes this.
  6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Did you try another SD card? Even one that used to work on my Wii (was even used to hack it) and still works fine on most other devices, just won't work on my Wii (or Wii U) now with an error similar to what you describe.

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    maybe rusty\bad contacts?

8. Luigimitsu
    OP

Luigimitsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    London, United Kingdom
    Probably, I am trying this "Note: If it does not work for you (especially with an SDHC card), please try again after reformatting on the Windows command line (Start > Run > cmd) using: format h: /fs:fat /a:4096"
    I redownloaded the letterbomb files several extra times, and used more than 1 SD card. I did buy all of these Wii's as "faulty" though, so there is most likely something wrong with it, usually they just don't read discs.

9. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Unhackable Wii? That's weird the only Wii I know unhackable is the Wii mini. Did you try using Smash Stacks if you have SSBB.

10. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Maybe you could open up the "unhackable" system and one of the hacked ones and try swapping the SD reader. I've seen replacement Wii SD readers for sale, so I assume it's not impossible, but don't know how complicated it is.

11. Luigimitsu
    OP

Luigimitsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    London, United Kingdom
    They seem tricky to open up, I'd need to find the right screw driver. Unfortunately I've lost my PAL SSBB, I can only find my NTSC copy. If I find the PAL copy I'll try it out. The only reason the bad SD slot theory doesn't make sense is the Wii seems to recognize that there is an SD card in there, it just doesn't let me use it.

Actually, I should borrow PAL Brawl from my friend and try that.

12. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I've had a similar issue when the date wasn't set correctly in the system settings.

13. Luigimitsu
    OP

Luigimitsu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    London, United Kingdom
    I know about that, but I changed the date a few times, it's just the Wii not taking an SD card for whatever reason. Not a big deal but I don't know what to do with this Wii now lol.