Hacking Unable to disable NoGC

NotABicycle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making this post because I've found absolutely no clues as to how to solve my issue anywhere else.

Each and every time I update my Atmosphere installation (deletion of the folder and putting a new one from the latest build on my SD card), somehow NoGC gets re-enabled, losing me the ability to play practically any of my games on cards.
I've looked around, tried disabling Auto-NoGC in Hekate as well as setting nogc = 1 in my atmosphere config (force-disabling it, according to the note).
I know my card reader and games work just fine because every so often, with no explanation whatsoever, I'll be messing around with configs and it'll start to work. It seems to be an issue with configuration and I am utterly baffled. It seems to me that everything could be working but there's no consistency in my mind as to how.

I've successfully installed my sigpatches, cfw, and the rest of Atmosphere for the most part, but I still have no solution, and it's starting to bother me not knowing how to play my gamecard games immediately, instead of hoping that whatever I do to my configs just magically works.
If anyone has a remedy for this issue, feedback would be kindly appreciated, as I am at wits end trying to figure out what's causing this. Thank you! :bow:

Edit: nvm, I'm just stupid and misinterpreted the text in the BCT config template. nogc = 1 enables nogc, not forcing it to disable.

Last edited by NotABicycle,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making this post because I've found absolutely no clues as to how to solve my issue anywhere else.

Each and every time I update my Atmosphere installation (deletion of the folder and putting a new one from the latest build on my SD card), somehow NoGC gets re-enabled, losing me the ability to play practically any of my games on cards.
I've looked around, tried disabling Auto-NoGC in Hekate as well as setting nogc = 1 in my atmosphere config (force-disabling it, according to the note).
I know my card reader and games work just fine because every so often, with no explanation whatsoever, I'll be messing around with configs and it'll start to work. It seems to be an issue with configuration and I am utterly baffled. It seems to me that everything could be working but there's no consistency in my mind as to how.

I've successfully installed my sigpatches, cfw, and the rest of Atmosphere for the most part, but I still have no solution, and it's starting to bother me not knowing how to play my gamecard games immediately, instead of hoping that whatever I do to my configs just magically works.
If anyone has a remedy for this issue, feedback would be kindly appreciated, as I am at wits end trying to figure out what's causing this. Thank you! :bow:

Edit: nvm, I'm just stupid and misinterpreted the text in the BCT config template. nogc = 1 enables nogc, not forcing it to disable.
Be aware that you only modifying nogc within Hekate only affects Atmosphere if you boot through Hekate/fss0. If you chainload or simply load fusee_primary, then no Hekate settings including nogc will be applied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Briefcase 69 did I win