1. CrAZONE

OP CrAZONE Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I'm asking, would it be possible to port Umineko Project (or, to be more precise ONScripter-RU) over the Switch? I don't have the necessary knowledge, but at least I think it should be possible.
    First of all: what is Umineko Project? It is the port for PC of the two PS3 Umineko games, on a new engine created entirely by the team, ONScripter-Ru. This engine is available to compile here: https://github.com/umineko-project/onscripter-ru. The engine's name is a little misleading, it has very little to do with the original ONScripter, the one that runs several English-patched games such as Tsukihime and the old UmiTweak.
    Why I think it should be possible to port? Well, because the only thing you'd need to compile is the .nro, since ONScripter-Ru "is just a "reader executable", it "reads" the contents of the folder (e.g. scripts, images and music). The engine even has gamepad support so there shouldn't be too many problems with the joycons. The engine's settings can be further set in a handy configuration file (called ons.cfg), here you can set the language, the resolution, backends and even keymap the gamepad. And then, maybe the most important thing, it is a cross-platform engine already. It supports: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. I know it is a pretty selfish request, but still, I think it would be really cool if someone managed to do it :)

2. ayssia

ayssia Member
    Newcomer

United States
  3. CrAZONE

OP CrAZONE Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I've literally said that Umineko Project/ONScripter-Ru has really little to do with the original ONScriper, the one you just posted now. They are basically entirely different engines.

Last edited by CrAZONE, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Hofure

Hofure Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Technically offtopic, but since this thread is kinda dead anyway....

OP may not be interested, but I very much am. Looking at the pictures, does that mean it's possible to play Bishoujo Mangekyou on the switch? :O

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Umineko, Project, Switch