Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
yes guys loaders are region free , and check game compatibility chart for extra option needed
wink.gif

Tony_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u guys think because my dvd drive stopped spinning discs, tries but does like 3 click thingy and no spin, but randomly spinned a mario kart wii disc once,(prob due to brawl a month or two after replacing drives) that the usb loader would not use gamecube controls?

some guy had the same prob and said he got a random fix but i cant contact him

bark01

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

I've got the USB loader up and running and have a most of my games up and running, but a few new games don't seem to work.

The games that don't work are:

Ghostbusters
My Sims Racing
Punch Out

I have version3.2 firmware, a western digital 250 gig my passport hard drive. I'm not sure which version of the USB loader I was using, when i load it up it says USB Loader ultimate edition, I've downloaded a new version 7.4 based on waninkokos 1.5.

When i try to load up one of the above games the screen flashes black than goes green and nothing else happens. The only way to re boot my Wii is then to unplug it and plug it back in.

Does anyone know whats going wrong?

thanks.

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going insane here
frown.gif

I've got all HBC and backup discs working but hit a brick wall with these usb loaders.

I get them all to startup but they don't recognise any usb drive connected. I've tried 3 different ones.

Does this mean my drives aren't compatible or I need a certain cios installed?

I think the errors given are 'no drive detected' or 'ret = -6'

Any ideas?

D

Deleted-119707

i intalled USB Loader CFG35-C onto the hbc and it works like a charm. how would i install this as a channel? if i install, is it easy to remove? how would i remove it?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
KennyBania said:
I'm going insane here
frown.gif

I've got all HBC and backup discs working but hit a brick wall with these usb loaders.

I get them all to startup but they don't recognise any usb drive connected. I've tried 3 different ones.

Does this mean my drives aren't compatible or I need a certain cios installed?

I think the errors given are 'no drive detected' or 'ret = -6'

Any ideas?
be sure to format you drive to WBFS using AlexDP WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and load at least 1 ISO game on it and then try it
wink.gif

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Jul 14 2009, 05:19 PM) i intalled USB Loader CFG35-C onto the hbc and it works like a charm. how would i install this as a channel? if i install, is it easy to remove? how would i remove it?
if you follow the link to the main thread of the CFG Loader by OggZee you will find a channel Wad for it and a forwarder Wad as well , you can use the WadManager1.4 to install it or uninstall it when you need to
wink.gif

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again mate, you are awesome!

Your tutorial on formatting the hdd got me started and then the WBFS Manager suggestion worked a charm.

smile.gif

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know why some loaders work and others don't?

For example... Waninkoko's 1.5 loads all of my games (other than Ghostbusters) and one of the earliest USB Loader GX does the same.

But now, the latest GX detects the drive and the games but freezes when trying to load any of them.

I really want to use that version because it looks nice and has a lot of new options.

Is there something I'm missing? Why would old loaders run fine but not new ones?

Zworba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hi, i just got here cause im interested in the usbloader. However reading all this jibberish
tongue.gif
made me a little more sceptical and now i wonder if its even worth it.
Right now i have a wiikey installed and play all the games i like without any problem. The reason why i want the USBloader is because it sounds grait.

no more burning
less laser usage
faster loads

is it realy as easy as "plug and play" after all the preparations are done or do you have to update constantly or brickblock the games or ...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
nicky041192 said:
how would i disable the usb config loader from downloading disc art?
if its the CFG Loader you mean , I don't think that it has an auto download option so just don't click download in the global settings screen
wink.gif

QUOTE(Zworba @ Jul 26 2009, 02:53 PM) hi, i just got here cause im interested in the usbloader. However reading all this jibberish
tongue.gif
made me a little more sceptical and now i wonder if its even worth it.
Right now i have a wiikey installed and play all the games i like without any problem. The reason why i want the USBloader is because it sounds grait.

no more burning
less laser usage
faster loads

is it realy as easy as "plug and play" after all the preparations are done or do you have to update constantly or brickblock the games or ...
well I'm glad that you can read Jibberish
wink.gif
, nothing is hard if you really wanna do it and you have a good English reading skills (like your Jibberish ones) to follow the many Noob Proof Tutorials that we have in this Forums then you should be fine
wink.gif
, but if it's worth it or not !!! you should tell us buddy cause it will be hard for us to decide on your behalf
wink.gif

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thread, man. +2 for you. I came debating if there was a nicer looking alternative to GX, but think I'll stick with GX. A few questions, though, since I can't seem to spot any details about it.

1.) I really like GX, and have used it exclusively since it showed up. I don't, however, like its GUI. Any other recommendations for something using the same IOS,etc as GX? Something with pretty colors and an easier GUI.

2.) I've got a 1.5tb drive with 2 partitions. I'm wanting to expand my WBFS partition beyond 500gb, but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about loaders recognizing anything over 512gb. Anyone have any real success with larger WBFS partitions? Which drive are you using?

3.) Last, I didn't see the WBFS app for Macs on the OP post. Here's a link for a pre-compiled version WBFS for OSX. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as Windows version do, but it very cleanly dumps iso files to WBFS while supporting queues, cover lookup, hbc channels, add/delete. I'll also point out, that it only reads the WBFS drive with a USB cable (not firewire.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4