Ubisoft Announces Uplay Online Passport

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Ubisoft has announced Uplay Passport, which it said will offer “access to online features and exclusive content” for the firm’s various titles.

The new program was designed to provide players the above referenced content, and will part of the firm’s Uplay in-game service.

Uplay, apparently offers extra value with a “bevy of rewards and community features, just for playing Ubisoft games.”

The Uplay Passport program will begin in the coming months and will be included in many of Ubisoft’s core games which will come with a one-time use registration code. Upon redemption, players will be provided with content and features only available through the passport program.

Customers who’ve acquired a pre-owned game can purchase a new Uplay Passport online for $9.99 and automatically unlock the game’s online content and features.

The first game to implement Uplay Passport will be Driver: San Francisco, as reported yesterday.[/p]

Source

TL;DR Ubisoft are putting in an online pass in their games called Uplay just like EA and Sony and are purchasable for pre-owned games at $9.99.

I expect more publishers to be following this soon, namely Activision.

2. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I buy most of my games new anyway but sucks for people who by them a few years down the line I guess.

Still a stupid idea I think but what do I know.

3. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    So Ubishit is once again trying to push more DRM encrypted crap in your face and trying to screw over Valve like EA is attempting to do? Yeah, good luck getting people to jump onboard a service just for your lousy 6 hour high budget games to have extra content