TX Presents SX OS v2.6.2 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Apr 15, 2019.

1. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I AM SO EXCITED !!!

I want everyone to die c:
    Except for Cersei xD

2. LucioDragon

LucioDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    you know what i want?
    an email from SX to speak about the current state of SX OS like they did by the time of 7.0.X
    to know if this time they will take a lot of time or it will be easier.

huma_dawii likes this.
  3. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    As an SX User myself. I am waiting for the downfall of SX OS the moment EmuNAND of AMS comes into paly and Xortrolls version of USB support comes.

4. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    What about XCI Support? People is not leaving SX OS without that.

vincentallen2 and tpax like this.
  5. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Why do some people say that Atmosphere won't ever support XCI loading? It seems like a good feature. I dumped all my carts to XCI files and now I can play any one of them by picking from a menu. XCI loading seems like a no-brainer feature to have for Atmosphere. Why would they not implement it?

huma_dawii likes this.
  6. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Cause hypocrisy, they say because of piracy... well NSP is also piracy so...

gizmomelb likes this.
  7. deltamind106

deltamind106 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    By that logic, the devs should never have created atmosphere at all. Yes, you can use XCI loading for piracy, but there are lots of other useful ways to use XCI loading that do not involve piracy. I thought the whole argument against CFW in general was that "CFW could be used for piracy." Well, if the atmosphere devs believe that anything that "could" be used for piracy shouldn't be created, then atmosphere itself should never have been created in the first place. Because atmosphere itself enables piracy.

I don't see the difference between atmosphere's existence and XCI loading, from the standpoint of enabling piracy...

gizmomelb likes this.
  8. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    wasn't the whole xci thing about being able to clone a cart and big N can detect if you use those carts at the same time causing instant bans to whoever were to use the real cart = person copies game sells real cart next person gets the ban if they used it?

9. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    No, we have been able to dump XCI without CERT from the very beginning.

10. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    You cannot base XcI loading as a seperate feature for people to stay on it. The fact is SX os has horrible homebrew support. Is closed source so we cant run any type of kips or sysmodules. Also wireless play. It was updated to 1.2 but for sx os we have to wait for it. Also with sx os our console breaks or something happens then also the license is rendered useless. Open source has much more support and ams has reboot to payload before sx os decided to “copy” the code and re-implement it as there own version where people had to wait for it.
    Sx os has no kip support and meanwhile ams gets 3rd party stuff implemented like HID-MITM. 3rd party controller support.

11. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    because atmosphere devs don't supply the fs and es patches to enable piracy.. so the devs keep their hands clean, so to speak.

12. rob4

rob4 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2012
    Argentina
    So they do a CFW that can be easily patched to allow piracy, and almost everybody use it for piracy, but that's fine, because they don't include nintendo code...

13. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    So do we need to wait another month again for 8.0 support?

14. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    No i think there are a lot of new things recently so tx could be making one big update.

vincentallen2 likes this.
  15. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I hope so!

16. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    maybe.. no games need 8.0 so I'm not bothered in the slightest... there's still only a handful of games which need 7.0.1 to work.

17. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    heck i am still in 6.2 xD

18. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    I really do not understand why people are like, "sxos takes so long to update to 8.0 I will change to atmosphere!! They lost me as a customer, I will never again!!!" unless you play online that you can with emunand, 8.0 support is not really needed atm, I used atmosphere just to pass a save to my legit console, but the sx os is fine with the xci that I really love and will not change for nsp, heck even my hacked console that haven't seen an original isn't banned, xci ftw!

19. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    MK11 needs 8.0, Super Smash Bros, Zelda BOTW all of them need 8.0 on their latest update. You can't play them unless you repack them with the patch... So far from ideal.

20. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Come on, TX. This is laughable.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted