TX or Reswitched?

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TX team is just the next Gateway team to me, so anyone other than them. I am going with Rei because Reswitched is just a mess at the moment.

Last edited by The Catboy,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't give one shit about what either team is or isn't bickering about but what they can give me right now. Installing and running both games and dlc is so piss easy I have no issues paying the 30 dollars for the SX license. Maybe something better will be released from someone else in time? I don't care. I've been away so as I'm typing this I've no idea what rei cfw provides. Free games? Cool, I'll go with that.

Reactions: Soprano

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish Atmosphère would release and someone would modify it to have a backup loader like SX OS. I hate the backward mentality of allowing old games to be pirated but not the current ones. It's just ironic. SX OS is getting closer and closer to getting my money I just wish those greedy China resellers would drop the price to £13 again...

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReSwitched hasn't released anything for quite a while now. I'm starting to get a bit impatient, but I'm sure they will deliver. Something just tells me to wait for free CFW and not pay for TX. In my opinion, the community has done a lot more than ReSwitched generally in the hacking scene (of course, they developed the best CFW, but I'm speaking about tools, like Hekate).

PsychoRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Rei > Reswitched > Anyone > No CFW > TX
That's for me.
But I think we should stop throwing more fuel to this drama, gbatemp is not facebook, or is it?

Reactions: tiliarou

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why cant people just stop worrying, and learn to love scene?

Ktempkin can still do her own work, outside of ReSwitched. If ReSwitched is cultivating a toxic environment, skilled people will leave, and they will come together in a new group, leaving the toxin producers behind. TX will do what TX will do, and worrying about it is pointless. And still, even if ReSwitched recanted, would KTempkin even WANT to return?

Getting all triggered, and throwing tantrums like this is a dwarf fortress (tee hee) will only get stuff broken, and lead to spirals of malcontent.

People want to develop software for the NX, because the hardware is neat, portable, and powerful-- and because nintendo does not like it when the artificial saccharine gets removed from their consoles. Not everyone does this so they can get the latest games through pirate channels (but if they do, that is still OK, IMO). Some honestly want to put fun titles out themselves without dealing with ninty and their "This big to play" bullshit.

I have been, and still remain ambivalent about TX. I am still happy for the work done on Atmosphere, even if it gets forked. (Because that is totally an option that people who dislike the direction of ReSwitched can take. The code is GPL2.) This whole "Either with or against" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

It does not really matter what the reason for wanting to get past the restrictions nintendo put in place are-- that we all share a desire to get past them, and can pool resources and efforts to accomplish that goal is really all that matters, and the ability to work together despite differences of opinion or motive is what makes a scene healthy.

Relating to the loud screechings I am reading about the disclosures concerning Deja Vu, I cannot help but be reminded of the trite addage: "Security through obscurity is no security at all." What do I mean by that? Keeping DV a secret does not really protect it, any more than keeping dirty laundry in a commercial package keep it safe from exploitation by hackers in the wild. Security is, has been, and always will be a moving target. Tomorrows exploits are based on what comes out tomorrow. Today's exploits are based on what is available today. Jealously holding a CVE in one's miserly fist does not keep it safe from being found independently and patched. It does not keep it your personal treasure. It does not make it safe. All it does, is make it less available to more hands that would like to use it, or would like to better understand the current status of the console.

It is simply of the highest importance to realize that individual people are not what make the scene great; Brilliant people toil in obscurity and accomplish less than their true potential all the damn time. What makes the scene great, is how well that scene integrates people, connects people, and allows people to communicate and share what they have learned quickly, efficiently, and without all this factionist bullshit.

I really dont give a damn what somebody uses to break into a switch with, who does it first, or the fastest-- The more ways in that are found, the harder it is for Ninty to patch it up-- but that is only true when the people that enjoy that kind of work can freely exchange their discoveries, as what is obvious to one person is not so obvious to another, and holding secrets 'For the credz!" only weakens and denies this. I want the switch to be a hacker's paradise. To that end, I share my knowledge freely, and without hesitation, regardless of the intended goal of the person seeking that knowledge. Scenes flourish when this mindset is maintained. They dry up into wastelands of name calling, vapor ware that never materalizes, and butthurt so thick you can spread it with a butterknife when it is not maintained, and the pogroms start.

I rather like the switch. It's a nice little console. Lets focus on that instead of bickering like washerwomen over who has the dirtiest laundry, M'kay?
Or you know, we could all praise the lord of memes, Rei.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reinand is still my preference for 3ds. If ReiNX follows the same philosophy then I'll gladly use it.

I'll continue enjoying SX OS in the meantime.

DolphinPussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care, I truly, honestly don't, just give us a solid release, as long as it works, and I don't pay for stolen code that came from someone else.
You can put Atmosphere behind a paywall, and I'll be more than happy to pay for it. If SX OS gets cracked on the other hand ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...