Hacking Two NN3DS units, a few questions

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 1,271
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Hey guys, here's my setup, and my goals.

I have 2 NN3DS units. One is brand new, the other has been used for a year with Gateway (emunand entirely uses .cia games). I also have Cubic Ninja.

I'm looking to bring all my save files over to the brand new NN3DS. How would I go about this?

Also, I've heard you can have emunand without the need of gateway (and is actually able to be updated to the latest firmware versions). Are there any downsides to this? What should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance guys, I'm so used to Gateway and a single NN3DS that I have no idea about anything else.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Setup gateway and emunand on the new 3rd and downgrade if needed.

Once setup update emunand to 10.5 then use reinand to boot

Use official system transfer to transfer most of the files
Cheers for the reply! I forgot to mention, I only have the single 64gb micro SD. Is it possible to extract the save files from the old N3DS and inject them into the new N3DS?

I'd rather not buy a 2nd Micro SD card just for this. ;) If the official transfer tool only transfers saves, I could use a temporary SD to complete the transfer.

Last edited by ,

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Reactions: Deleted-188346
D

Deleted-188346

OP
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Yeah.
The first and second option can be launched from the homebrew launcher.
Save data filer comes in a cia form, you just need to find the ID of the games you wanna backup the saves from.

You can find the IDs here.
http://www.3dsdb.com/
Beautiful. Is there any disadvantage to using reinand over the official Gateway emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.