Turning my operating system into a MAC

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, a while ago, I became interested in doing this after I was visited by my older brother for the holidays. He just bought a Mac laptop a while ago, and after using it for a couple of hours, I simply could NOT go back to my old computer >__> I just love the Mac operating system! It runs so much smoother, looks awesome... etc.

What would be the best way to turn my boring old Windows system into a Mac? I heard that Flyakite or something like that is good? What's the best thing to do in your experience?

Thanks!
I have done it with
AMD Athlon X2 4000+(2.11Ghz Dualcore)
But my graphics card isn't supported by Macosx86 yet so it runs pretty slow as it creates the images just by the software
And it couldnt find my Harddisk, so i used VMWARE which works at it creates an virtual harddisk but VMware runs on windows which means two os's at a time so even more slower

Tough MAC rocks so hard!!!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
You should ask Rhyguy for tips.

25909693dx3.png

Yes.
Thats XP.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You should ask Rhyguy for tips.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5591/25909693dx3.png

Yes.
Thats XP.

It also looks like it.

There's just something about all skinned Windows that make them look... really really fake.

This. Also Warcueid Mac isn't an acronym. You shouldn't leave it all capitol. And I think your topic title is a little confusing, sure people can understand it but Macs are computers, ie physical hardware. While an OS is obviously software.. That's a contradiction.
rolleyes.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You won't be able to replicate the Menu Bar on a Windows machine. Windows works differently then OS X, you can't obtain a task bar with File, Edit, etc. without major hacks. The closest you'll get is a Task Bar (the one with the Start button) on top of your screen modded to LOOK like a Menu Bar, but it will hold all your minimized windows.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

MACS ROCK

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You won't be able to replicate the Menu Bar on a Windows machine. Windows works differently then OS X, you can't obtain a task bar with File, Edit, etc. without major hacks. The closest you'll get is a Task Bar (the one with the Start button) on top of your screen modded to LOOK like a Menu Bar, but it will hold all your minimized windows.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

MACS ROCK
Objectbar by stardock, or finderbar by lavendermessenger or something

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hide mine - not "auto hide" - windows doesn't show it. Have objectbar with a start menu opener, and it shows open windows. Super sexy!

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just download the real thing and install it, instead of using replacement skins or w/e...

Only someone whos never been through the ordeal of trying to get OSX86 full functional would make such a naive comment.
Ha, I did it before with Tiger... There are a lot of guides out there that go step-by-step on how to install OSX on a PC... I followed one and I easily did it. I would do it again with Leopard on my new laptop, but the installation disc isn't detecting my SATA hard drive. I need to set the hard drive to AHCI mode in the BIOS but I don't have that option...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Okay guys, here is what my desktop looks like:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9035/desktopehxe2.png

I still want some good widgets or something. Also, I cannot for the life of me find another skin for ObjectBar. I HATE the current one, and I really want the ones that the Mac's have, that looks like a glass table, with reflection and everything.

I also need to get some sort of icon pack. The icons in my objectbar look pretty ugly, and I want to have some pretty, high-resolution ones to replace them with.

Also, pay no attention to the Ratatouille thing. >__>

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or you could just buy a mac.. or hardware that'll run OSx86?

My macbook ran osx for 2 hours.. it took it that long to update the firmware so that it could run something that wasn't turd.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HATE the current one, and I really want the ones that the Mac's have, that looks like a glass table, with reflection and everything.

With the specs you posted earlier, I would imagine your graphics are just as sub-par. Additional graphical effects are just resources you can't really afford to waste.

QUOTEHa, I did it before with Tiger... There are a lot of guides out there that go step-by-step on how to install OSX on a PC... I followed one and I easily did it.
Lucky bastard. I've spent hours and hours trying to get it working on three seperate machines with no success. Granted, they weren't purchased with OSX86 in mind, but its still a couple weekends I'll never be getting back.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There's just something about all skinned Windows that make them look... really really fake.

I hate luna so much though:P

i'm interested as to why a guest would read this thread

I might have been misunderstood
nyanya.gif

It's a great skinning job, far better than most I have seen, and I'm sure some people would be completely fooled. It's just... something, that makes it look like Windows, and not OSX

QUOTE(Urza @ Dec 31 2007, 05:01 AM)Lucky bastard. I've spent hours and hours trying to get it working on three seperate machines with no success. Granted, they weren't purchased with OSX86 in mind, but its still a couple weekends I'll never be getting back.

It only took me 4 hours to get it working on an old Thinkpad X40. I thought that wasn't bad
smile.gif

No graphics card though, so no QE/CI, iWork or iLife. That just made it... useless, so back to Kubuntu.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

I hate luna so much though:P

i'm interested as to why a guest would read this thread
I might have been misunderstood
nyanya.gif

It's a great skinning job, far better than most I have seen, and I'm sure some people would be completely fooled. It's just... something, that makes it look like Windows, and not OSX
its not like the fact that there was vista icons in the dock would have made it like windows:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in