PS1/2 Trying to mod my PS2 via CD Installing...

dude3991

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And failing miserably. Would use the USB method but my Action Replay doesn't have max media player unfortunately...

Anyway, I followed the guide to a T and on my AR Max I just get told the CD can't be read. Also tried changin the iso through max media creator which also failed. Any help?

allterran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jump over to sksapps and under ps2apps choose miscellaneous, towards the bottom of the page download the file under the link "Original Exploit". This will contain save files. Copy the corresponding save file to the root of a USB Drive, For Action Replay use BADATA-SYSTEM.max (BADATA for US and BEDATA for Euro). Use your game enhancer to copy it to your memory card. Within the .zip there will be a game list, you need one of the PS1 games in the list to load the exploit. After you copy the save over reset the console. For the next step you need to grab the file from sksapps under exploits called the Free MCboot 1.8b Noobie Package. Copy the contents of the folder in the .zip to the root of the usb drive. Now plug the USB Drive back into the PS2 and put in the PS1 game. this will launch Ulaunch.elf, navigate to the usb drive on the ps2 and launch FREE_MCBOOT.ELF. This will install Free MCboot to your MC. From this point on you will have new configurable menu options in the PS2 system Menu. I haven't changed the menu items in a really long time so I don't quite remember where to go to change them but I do know the .CFG file in your MC needs to be edited. You could always just use Ulaunch from the Freemcboot menu to load HDadvance for a usb hdd or whatever homebrew you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.